Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation Reviews

• Oct 14, 2020

Better than the original!

Better than the original!

• May 05, 2020

I don't even know where to see it, so...

I don't even know where to see it, so...

• Feb 25, 2020

wonderful. what a gem. pure dedication.

wonderful. what a gem. pure dedication.

• Dec 26, 2016

"Raiders of the Lost Ark: The Adaptation" is truly one of those fan films that has to be seen to be believe. Its really remarkable on how these filmmakers were able to remake this movie for the course of seven years. I give highly praise for Eric Zala, Chris Strompolos, and Jayson Lamb for all their hard work and effort to get this movie made. Steven Spielberg is really pleased for this movie too. I love this fan film, and it is definitely a whole lot of fun! One more thing, this is one hundred times better than that stupid shot for shot remake of Gus Van Saint's "Psycho." That movie was a cash grab, but this fan film wasn't made for Hollywood, it was made for their love of one of the greatest adventure films ever made. Nuf Said!

• May 23, 2016

PLEASE NOTE! Artwork above by artist: Adam McDaniel http://www.adammcdaniel.com

PLEASE NOTE! Artwork above by artist: Adam McDaniel http://www.adammcdaniel.com

• Apr 18, 2013

An embodiment of pure love for the cinema.

An embodiment of pure love for the cinema.

• Mar 16, 2013

...a multi-layered dessert... If this is the only film on RT with 100%, it is rightly so. Film making is all about using the resources you have to create more than you really have. The pleasure of watching ROTLATA is in seeing and understanding how everything has been achieved even as you suspend your disbelief. Nothing is truly hidden. And this creates a multi-layered dessert of the most exquisite and charming kind. It has the immediacy of theatre yet remains a movie. I swear I had tears in my eyes as I read the end credits in admiration at the dedication of all concerned. It isn't just a movie, it's an experience. I felt the optimism of my own childhood in the afterglow of this wonderful picture.

• Nov 21, 2012

a great fan film. filmed over the course of a dozen years in backyards and basements on marginal budgets and homemade props. it is a near shot for shot remake of Raiders. The young filmmakers show amazing endurance and ingenuity. must see!!

• Jul 07, 2011

Brilliant. These 3 kids deserved to meet Spielberg. What a fan service for the best Indy film and my 3rd favourite film of all time

• Jun 14, 2010