Raincoat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Raincoat Reviews

½ January 11, 2009
bad n boring movie....
½ January 10, 2009
This is an adaptation of O. Henri's "The Gift of the Magi." I thought the acting was done well, but I really felt it lacked originality. The fact that the entire movie was pretty much a copy of O. Henri's short story does not sit well with me. Still though, objectively, this movie is directed and acted out well, so it may still be worth watching.
December 4, 2008
beautiful film. okay so it's slow going but really powerful especially towards the end when you realize what's happening. ash was surprisingly brilliant for most of the film.
½ October 18, 2008
B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T!
I loved it! Amazing!
Aishwarya ... WOW! what a performance! One of her best!
And Ajay! Excellent.
Loved the flash backs so well mixed with the in-the-moment moments. So sad, so real, so powerful yet so simple.
I didnt like Aishwarya and Ajay in HDDCS but here ... wonderful chemistry! I love this movie, just, simply loved it!!
September 10, 2008
Obviously though not a huge blockbuster, Raincoat is a true, relaistic, regular tale of love, compromise and sacrifice. I liked the song "Madhura Nagarapati" because it evoked the simplicity and sadness of a simple man who has lost his purpose of life due to the unexpected marriage of his girl.
But certainly not a movie-wise entertaining factor that most of us need as a break from reality.
½ July 4, 2008
It's sad good movies like this one don't get appreciated that much in India. Very few people will realize something was ACTUALLY good specially when they're used to shit like Om Shanti Om or Khushi or other main stream crap. And all the awards keep going to people like SRK for doing movies for his friends as a favor or Hritik for being a desi superhero with balloon muscles and a lover apparently...or to Priety Zinta or Rani for speaking wrong Urdu in Veer Zara. How amazing *clapping*...the audience needs to wake up!
June 18, 2008
Very O Henry, Gift of the Magi, but a bit more depressing. OK, but not sure I liked it that much.
½ June 5, 2008
Slow moving, but great acting by Aish.
iLeo
May 15, 2008
An interesting movie! Filled with despair and tragedy for one man who loved his childhood sweetheart for several years, but couldn't do anything for her marriage to another embarks. Intriguing story plot. Sadly, the tales of the two in this movie is so intertwined that you feel remorse for them both. Great performances by Aishwarya Rai and Ajay Devgan.
½ April 20, 2008
Every next scene gonna take you by surprise.......
April 7, 2008
A Nice pair of A & A acting excellent
April 4, 2008
One of the heart broken script.
B'ful script.
wonderful performance.
½ March 23, 2008
Subtle and poignant, this no-frills flick is a very convincing acaptation of O.Henry's delightful story...the flashes of the past come in the right time, and Rai's performance is good, without being overly artsy..very very watchable indeed.
February 7, 2008
It's more a play written for theatre than than for film. It's subtlty admirable. A beautiful and sweet little film.
January 18, 2008
Aishwarya can act. Also see her film I Have Found It (Kandukondain Kandukondain- Tamil)
December 23, 2007
A different movie with a new story and fantastic performances.
December 13, 2007
this is my best movie by ritu prono ghosh.i love every thing of this movie
December 10, 2007
What more a love can be....
December 7, 2007
Raincoat is a beautiful stroke of fim-making. A very simple story told brilliantly with top botch perfomances by the entire cast and crew, be it Rituda's fimacraft, the performances of Aishwarya and Ajay and all the others, the haunting score, the poetry, the emotions and the deapth of writing. Its one of my all time favourite movies. A classic adaption of O Henry's literature.