Raise Hell: The Life & Times of Molly Ivins Reviews

• Feb 19, 2020

While I didn't know Molly Ivins, I wish I did and this awesome documentary made me feel like we were friends. They just don't make journalists like Ivins anymore and that's a loss for us all. It's a standard talking heads doc about the legendary writer with plenty of archival footage from CSPAN-2. I wonder what Ivins opinion of the current political climate would be. Perhaps she tells us with the last line of the film. It's really good if you appreciate truth to power and people who punch up. Final Score: 8.8/10

• Jan 20, 2020

Very enjoyable and I run republican

Very enjoyable and I run republican

• Jan 17, 2020

just not enough - gained more insight into her as a person. I loved her before, and now even more. We need her now.

• Dec 28, 2019

This documentary should be seen by anyone and everyone who appreciates journalism crafted by someone who's truly genuine, someone who's qualities of earnestness and humor aren't imbued with phony affectations. At many, many moments during this movie, I laughed so hard I cried. But by movie's end, this viewer was filled with sadness at the loss of someone who loved her work and the work relationships she developed as much as Ms. Ivins did. Her life being cut short by cancer was one of the truly tragic losses of this century. Her influence on what people perceived as indisputable reality through news reporting was unmatched, just as was her highly-refined "bullshit radar." When she died, the mold almost certainly was forever broken.

• Dec 19, 2019

Great movie about what Molly Ivins said, but the sound was lousy and hard to understand

• Nov 26, 2019

A great movie biography about a fascinating lady. So glad that are discount theater shows these high-quality films. See it if you can.

• Nov 26, 2019

Loved it. Had read lots of Molly's writing when I lived in Texas. Still relevant and pertinent, funny and touching.

• Cole
    Nov 03, 2019

More propaganda guised as informative and truthful.

More propaganda guised as informative and truthful.

• Oct 21, 2019

I loved it! Always was a fan of Molly. Read her books and followed her whenever she was on tv. This movie gave me her background and reminded me how right she was.

• Marie
    Oct 18, 2019

I loved everything about this. She was an amazing woman and I’m so glad I watched this movie to learn more about her.