Raising Jeffrey Dahmer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Raising Jeffrey Dahmer Reviews

½ March 18, 2015
Anyone buying or renting this movie expecting a gore fest will be disappointed. In fact anyone expecting a half decent film will be too. The script is almost non-existant, the acting ponderous, wooden & frankly terrible, while the 'special effect' used to represent old home movie footage of young Jeff made me wonder if my tv was faulty.

There have been several notably good, or at least competent, films made about real life serial killers, Boston Strangler, 10 Rillington Place, Bundy, Monster to name but a few, unfortunately "Raising JD" isn't in the same league. In short, it stinks. Half a star, which is being generous.
½ January 8, 2015
Horrid...awful acting, people off the street could have done a better job!
December 1, 2013
I keep falling asleep...
½ September 17, 2013
his father basically had a pity party when he wrote the screen play.... Jesus his father's point of view had nothing interesting going on with it..... its all just him in shell for an hour and a half, not worth the watch.
July 11, 2013
Decent look into Dahmers childhood. Horrible affects and the music just didn't usually fit the scene. Oh well. It was alright.
½ January 21, 2012
This was a terrible movie. It looks like it was made in the 90's, like early 90's. Please stay away from this. Just read online and you will get the same effects as this movie.
½ September 11, 2011
i appreciate the unique standpoint this movie presents, but honestly, it wasnt good at all. I didnt finish the last 20-30 minutes at all. Just too damn boring and low budget. Fail.
½ June 27, 2011
It's very boring. The cinematography and editing is terrible, amateurish. I bet most of this isn't even historically accurate.
½ May 5, 2010
It was ok...bad acting, and it was obviously a low-budget film. But it was fairly interesting
February 16, 2010
This movie was ok it explained some about jeff dahmer and what his parents went through but not much detail about the events of his life or in his life to cause such horrific crimes.
½ December 19, 2009
CAUTION: RUN AWAY FROM THIS MOVIE; IT'S BORING! It is told through Jeefrey's family side of the story; which is lame because they had no idea of what was going on until he was arrested. That is what everyone says but there are always signs; clearly he wasn't right. Anyway, it is whack and a waste of time. Horrific job done!!!!!
October 1, 2009
Sort of uncomfortable to take this personal look through their eyes. No horror like I had hoped.The play for sympathy of the family is a little too heavy. That man needed help before it ever got so far! What a mess! His family turned a blind eye, and the world paid! I am not so sure how we are to know it happened this way.
½ September 10, 2009
This could've been really good if it had more than a $12 budget and a hand full of community theater actors. Not a bad script, not terrible acting. The score was surprisingly and refreshingly good. And the production values were high concept and adventurous. If they could've gotten a hold of a few more dollars, they could've had themselves a pretty good film. As is, it's intriguing and certainly has warmth and an interesting perspective.
½ July 20, 2009
I thought it was a good movie. It's very sad at some parts. I love Jeffrey Dahmer with all my heart and this movie is a grate way to learn more about him <3 R.I.P Jeffrey Dahmer
February 15, 2009
I like any movie that I get to play in. Making a movie is not as easy as everyone thinks.
½ November 30, 2008
[b]DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH

[/b]A must see for all movie enthusiasts. The phone scene left me breathless. The depth of Scott Cordes's acting prowess set the bar far too high for the rest of the cast. Who knew that landlines in the backyards of houses were commonplace? I was expecting a much more compelling portrayal of Jeffrey Dahmer from Rusty Sneary; instead, I was stuck watching a rather flaccid, lifeless performance. [color=Black]However, it is my opinion that Jeannine Hutchings's emotional anguish more than compensated for Sneary's lackluster big screen debut. The final scene culminates a dramatic 85 minute[/color] thrill-ride of questions, answers, and inexplicable plot intricacy.
November 16, 2008
I tried. I tried twice to watch it all the way through. No doing. Awful. Nothing redeemable about the movie at all.
November 1, 2008
A look at the Dahmer story through the eyes of his parents. I thought this movie was done very well. No excitement or Horror like in the movie "Dahmer", just straight up Drama. Dahmer is one of my favourite serial killers so maybe I am a little biased since this movie is relatively boring, but I enjoyed it.