The Ramen Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Ramen Girl Reviews

September 2, 2016
Playful, not to be taken very seriously, full of heart and some laughs. A young girl (played by the beautiful Brittany Murphy) finds herself, by chance, in a delicious bowl of ramen. She learns discipline, focus and respect for herself as she trains under her gruff, yet loveable, sensei. In the beginning we find her lost only to watch her gain so much more in the streets of Tokyo. This only deserves a one time watch, but left me feeling full and satisfied as if I had dined on a bowl of my own delicious ramen broth and noodles. Yes, that's cheesy but so is the movie...and sometimes that's all a girl needs.
August 14, 2016
As a foreigner living in Japan, this movie was interesting. It is too real. lol
January 17, 2016
A nice feel good movie as a way to cheer up. Elements of the silly, but I'll excuse given the theme of the film. Cute!
March 22, 2015
An American weeaboo girl's dream.
½ March 5, 2015
[2015-3-5] Only Japanese can make tasty ramen
½ December 15, 2014
could have been better lol I cant believe they made a song called my ramen girl.... geez xDDD
½ September 11, 2014
A surprisingly well done movie. The Japanese characters weren't victims of orientalization, and Brittany Murphy makes your heart beat with hers. This is one of the few movies that made me see what people love about her, and it was too late for me to enjoy her. This movie is underrated - but I suppose a lot of people (especially the "average" American) could have a hard time relating.
August 8, 2014
Really good storyline... until the end.
½ June 14, 2014
Full of cliche and cheese, this movie still had the minimum degree of humor and plot to be considered watchable. I wish the characters were created with more imagination, but unfortunately they lacked enough originality for me to fully enjoy. The movie also does a poor job of keeping up the illusion of which characters do not understand English or Japanese, especially during the especially important and emotional scenes. To its credit, the cast did a good job and I did feel the emotion in one or two scenes. Overall, however, the film follows the standard fish-out-of-water story with the same shortcomings in Abby's (Britney Murphy) broth: too much head, not enough spirit.
½ April 26, 2014
This movie felt a bit like Como agua para chocolate but in Japan (for me,that's the best part) it was really enjoyable.
April 7, 2014
I love Brittany Murphy, but this wasn't a great film. The story just sort of fell together too easily.
March 13, 2014
This is an extremely atmospheric, genuine movie with a lot of depth and a great story line for anyone capable of seeing it. It's all the more poignant because she plays a pathetic, lost soul, and then in real life she died just a few years later at age 31, a pathetic, lost soul. I hope she had a little bit of enjoyment being in Japan away from that gross, loser, old husband of hers who helped her to her demise.
½ January 2, 2014
Inspirational to do something significant with yourself.
December 20, 2013
Dumbest movie I've ever seen... There were many parts that were supposed to make for a heartwarming moment but it was laughable.
½ December 12, 2013
A decent drama about the joy of serving food. It's better than it sounds, really! Felt sad after watching it, knowing that Brittany perished at a young age under mysterious circumstances.
December 11, 2013
A quiet gentle little movie that is a good showcase for Brittany Murphy.
December 10, 2013
Heart warming simple story
December 10, 2013
Touching and funny story
December 4, 2013
Wonderful film by a great actress that we lost to soon.