Rammbock: Berlin Undead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rammbock: Berlin Undead Reviews

June 13, 2016
Rammbock: Berlin Undead 2011. Features good-looking zombies in a just ok horror movie. It stars a giant pussy of a man who can't go two seconds without saying "Gabi". (SPOILER ALERT) he redeems himself in multiple ways in the end. This film is definitely worth watching. Despite it being a German language film the subtitles flow easily and are not distracting.
½ March 18, 2015
a partially very good, original, German zombie movie...
October 9, 2014
Crammed an awful lot into a flick that's only 64 minutes long!
½ August 24, 2014
Well made and with a good portion of problem solving. It's a must-see for any fan of the genre.
½ December 13, 2013
Michael was well on his way of becoming a stalker, even as a zombie Gabi still didn't want him. Glad Harper (why was he in Gabi apartment?) and Anita got away (we think)
½ November 28, 2013
really really decent little zombie flick. Fast rabid zombies , normal people; good acting.
½ September 27, 2013
Not the violence gripped zombie movie I was expecting, just a lot of weaseling and whining.
½ September 6, 2013
The best zombie movies lately have been coming out of foreign film industries. This is a very short and honest look at a virus outbreak that feels a little too real. At least until the ending which I won't spoil except to say love will find a way.
½ July 26, 2013
Worst. Zombie. Movie. EVER!
½ July 6, 2013
Loved this movie! This is the second movie I've seen Michael Fuith in and he does not disappoint. Very interesting zombie flick with a fantastic ending.
June 18, 2013
Part of the movie's charm is it's short length.
May 25, 2013
Here we have a zombie film with complex, human characters and interesting execution ... I'd watch it again without hesitation -- unlike most of the films I admire for artistic flair. This one delivers entertainment as well as thought provocation. Reel deal!
May 21, 2013
Nearly a decade after Great Britain redefined the zombie genre with their revolutionary film 28 Days Later, a filmmaker from Germany decided to create a film similar to it. In Berlin Undead, a love sick man named Michi decides to visit his ex-girlfriend to try and rekindle their love for each other. When he arrives, she doesn't seem to be home and the only person in her apartment is a man fixing the heater. About a minute after he begins to leave, the repairman starts to convulse and gives in to a virus that enhances his anger and causes him to want to bite people. After Michi takes shelter with the teen assistant of the man, the two realize that this is happening all over Berlin as people one-by-one get taken by the virus. This was surprisingly a very good movie. I don't speak German, so I couldn't tell whether or not the acting was good but I did think that the script was very well written with twists around every corner. What I loved about the film most was how each person's personality was revealed through what they were doing outside their window. The most surprising was Manfred's reveal near the middle of the film, which was highly unexpected. I enjoyed the zombies or "infected" that were used in this film because they seemed incredibly menacing, even for fast zombie standards. The only real complaint I have for this movie is that the ending comes across as very cheesy for a serious film that this is. I was rolling my eyes by how silly it looked, but the rest of the film is well worth watching. With only an hour runtime, Rammbock: Berlin Undead doesn't outstay it's welcome and the story is fun to follow. It's not a waste of anyone's time and is a welcome addition to the zombie film series.
April 6, 2013
A good short film....so 28 weeks later like.
½ March 20, 2013
A zombie movie with heart. Who would of thought that it would come from Germany? It has the requisite mayhem, but with a lighter touch. It could be a couples movie, depending on the partner.
March 10, 2013
A very effective German zombie movie which focuses more on the story than the zombies in it's very short running time. This is known in the UK as Siege of the Dead.
March 6, 2013
Night of the Living Dead meets Rear Window. Kind of. Doesn't outstay its welcome and is a worthy entry in the zombie genre.
½ February 17, 2013
Crazy good, yet awfully short German Zombie flick.
½ December 30, 2012
Rammbock is a low-budget German zombie film that is surprisingly earnest and atmospheric. It is especially refreshing that it doesnt adhere to some of the more annoying and overused aspects of the genre (namely simplistic characterization and cheesy action heroes). Im sure the ending will divide people (Im not even sure if I liked it), but overall a very well-done addition to the genre.
December 3, 2012
Something new in the Zombie genre, Short film but has the right pacing for what it is, If your looking for a zombie movie with some heart and feel than this will be right up your alley, if your looking for zombie attack, rent La Horde.