Rampage Reviews

• Jun 20, 2014

Once again master director W. Friedkin tells a story in a very unusual and disturbing way. His camera follows his characters like flies follow a piece of meat. His film is tensed thanks to an incredibly haunting soundtrack and a cast that works very well. Once again a very good piece of film making from one of the most talented film maker of the 70's & 80's era that I never get tired to revisit.

• Feb 23, 2014

great Michael Biehn movie

great Michael Biehn movie

• Oct 18, 2013

the line between sanity and insanity is very blurry.

the line between sanity and insanity is very blurry.

Alec B Super Reviewer
    Sep 02, 2013

The film starts off strongly enough but once it becomes about Friedkin's need to present a pro-death penalty argument in the most one sided fashion imaginable, it becomes dull and occasionally repugnant.

• Aug 10, 2013

Guilty or insane??? You decide. Very good movie ...yet one more example of some of the sick tickets out there.

• Jul 09, 2013

My Favorite Suspense Film Is 1991's The Silence Of The Lambs.

My Favorite Suspense Film Is 1991's The Silence Of The Lambs.

• May 13, 2013

Saw this as part of my William Friedkin kick, this is a very unpleasant viewing experience, which is exactly what friedkin wanted to accomplish, so in that sense its a success, i felt bad seeing the people get murdered, i felt bad seeing the victims' families afterwards, i felt bad seeing how the courts treated the case, arguing between death penalty and the insane asylum, there is no right path to take, nothing will bring the victims back or give justice to their families, its just a miserable unfortunate case, and sometimes things like this happen when there are no easy solutions, biehn is as solid as ever, i wish he wouldve gotten bigger roles in his life, good score by my fave composer ennio, just dont expect to feel good after seeing this

• Apr 19, 2013

Uneven cast,uneven story,uneven execution. Overall this was an uneven unfocused studio tampered with William Friedkin film. Was expecting so much from this because of all the reviews I read but was left very unsatisfied.

• Mar 15, 2013

Pretty standard crime thriller that doesn't come close to being as good or interesting as better genre outings like Manhunter, Copycat, or The Pledge. William Friedkin is capable of much better than this.

• Oct 05, 2012

Hadn't seen this in years. Not as good as I remember but still interesting. Watched both cuts (Friedkin recut it in 1992), neither of which is perfect but both of which have their strong points. I appreciate Friedkin's ambition more than the results. He isn't just making another serial killer film but genuinely interested in raising questions about how we deal with "insanity" as it regards murder cases. Worth a look for fans of Friedkin, the genre, or weirdos like me who can't get enough Michael Biehn.