Rang De Basanti (Paint it Yellow) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rang De Basanti (Paint it Yellow) Reviews

August 20, 2016
I can see why these bloody long Indian films are so popular. It has something for everybody. This is what annoys me the most about them. They are trying to tell a serious story with a cast who are constantly joking around, dancing and singing, and romancing. It's a mess of a film, like most of them I've seen, and they all seem to have this Aamir Khan geezer in them, don't they have any other actors in India? It's way too long to fit in all the different types of movie that they need to squeeze in. Just pick a genre and stick to it will ya?
March 28, 2016
One of Bollywood's finest masterpieces, all wrapped up with an amazing story, and brilliant performances by every actor.
½ January 3, 2016
75%
Saw this on 2/1/16
Only those who know Indian history can understand this film properly, others will simply see this as some sort of stylish scenes assembled together. With good characters and cinematography, but without much emotional content, Rang De basanti is a stylish film which also often aims more for style than substance.
June 24, 2015
Aamir Khan always delivers the best from Bollywood. This movie is amazing, it has thought provoking themes and stellar execution. The movie takes a real turn in the last act and it really becomes something emotionally intense and resonant. It's a movie celebrating the fact that we aren't really that much different from those who came before us and it is presented in a unique and intriguing way. This is an entertaining film that works in so many ways, definitely check it out.
½ August 10, 2014
While at first it seems like a tiresome succession of nice-looking music videos, not even caring to explain how the character can make that kind of film without money, it soon gets worse with a reprehensible message, openly advocating the use of violence to change the country.
½ July 1, 2014
A fascinating look at how a few attempt to embody the ideals of the past. I think their portrayal of a triumphant rebellion wasn't perfect, since it seemed they were simply acts of terrorism.
May 4, 2014
I like a lot of Bollywood films, especially those with Aamir Khan, but I was largely unaffected by this film. It had some good musical numbers and a strong message overall, but it was too long and didn't really hold my interest until the very end.
April 15, 2014
One of the best movie I've seen
December 21, 2013
Very patriotic.Must watch..
November 9, 2013
wasnt expecting such an ending... brings me heartache and tears...
August 31, 2013
this film makes me cry....i never forget this film......undoubtedly india will remember this film forever........
June 27, 2013
political, too ambitious.
June 2, 2013
Love this movie. It shows the power of youth.
April 16, 2013
Kung napahanga kayo ni Rancho ng pelikulang 3 Idiots, isa pa tong bollywood na dapat nyong itake consider. Sabi nga ng isang tropa; "Wag kayong mamamatay ng hindi nyo ito napapanood."

"No country is perfect. You've got to make it perfect." - Karan
March 16, 2013
Once in a while you come up with these films to watch... that makes you laugh, cry and believe at the same time... A rarest gem of Indian cinema.
March 1, 2013
people like it & RDB created history & people admire to Mr. Mehra
February 22, 2013
Very few bolly movies are as good as this!
February 17, 2013
A fresh advent in Indian Cinema and the first of may steps in redefining it.