Reviews

• Jan 06, 2019

I am an unashamed fan of this anime series. In many ways this series feels Simpsons like in that it pays respect to absolutely no one and everything is ripe for parody. The humor might be a bit too open minded for todays PC culture but at its core it is a wholesome spoof about martial arts series and tropes that manages to be naughty in a way that comes off as cheeky rather than perverted. This film is much like the Simpsons movie one long episode and makes good use of the structures the series lays down and carries the series love of shaggy dog stories with it.

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    May 08, 2015

Happosai caused a massive unrest which lead to the discovery of Lychee, a girl who seeks part of the lucky scroll belonged to her grandmother. Akane accidentally received the scroll and was kidnapped by the seven lucky gods. Ranma and friends must go rescue her. It was quite fun, no dull moments whatsoever.

• Jun 14, 2013

There is only one word I can use to describe this film, "FUN". It isn't shakespear story and isnt that all of a great film by its self. BUT, if you take into account that this is the first Theatrical Film of the mega huge series Ranma 1/2 than you can see the appeal. Its just how a movie based off a show should be, fun and bigger than the show while showing everyone's favorite characters. Probably the best scene in the film is in the beginning where Ranma chases Happosai and than Akane follows Ranma and than Ryoga follows and than Shampoo and before long, nearly every character is following them ON THE BIG SCREEN, so you can see the appeal for the time. The story is good and the animation is great, with good uses of darker but vibrant colors (unlike the 2nd film). I recommend it! Just watch the series up to Season 4 first to get the full feel!

• Jun 05, 2013

Ranma 1/2 is AWESOME

Ranma 1/2 is AWESOME

• Apr 17, 2012

The series to them are worth seeing.

The series to them are worth seeing.

• Jan 09, 2012

I enjoyed watching Ranma when I was a kid and now I could enjoyed the movies. Yes, I know that it's to late for this, but it's never late to enjoy what made you smile and happy in those amazing years. Plot: At first I was thinking that Akane wanted to kill Ranma (well he dosn't transform to girl because he likes to, sick boy). Anyway, when the 'revolu' or mess started, something changed everything. Akane was taken away to become a bride to some stranger and is up to Ranma and his hilarious gang to rescue her. Scrolls, fights, funny stuffs with NO cliche at all, makes this story-telling one of the best yets in this adventure of our fave change sex man (well, in Japan is normal to see a man in anime or manga change to woman and still love the oposite sex lol, unless it's Shin Chan). Music: Skipping the voice acting part since I watched it in mexican accent (is still spanish language). Anyway, the score was nice as always and it made me smile since I recognized some stuffs from it hehe. Stars for the effort made? Yes. To end this short review, 4 stars of 5. Enjoy and HASTA LA PROXIMA AMIGOS/AS! CHAO! BLESS YOU ALL ANIME/MANGA FANS!

• Aug 22, 2011

a strange little movie that plays with the notion of altered genders, and a plot to find a sacred scroll. its mainly comic in tone, with a lot of slapstick. its enjoyable, despite some very pokemon style animation in parts. if you come to this film having not seen the tv series you may get lost as to why certain characters shapeshift, as its never elaborated on in the movie. but its enjoyable notheless.

• Apr 29, 2010

This movie was really just a stretched series episode. I'd expect a Ranma movie to heavily develop the _common_ things in the series (i.e. dealing with Ranma and Akane, Furinkan High, the family, etc.). This movie took an external plot, like any episode of the show, and tossed in the recurring characters as though giving them cameos. As a fan of the series, it didn't meet my expectations.

• May 09, 2009

Usual Ranma type of story. Not the best they have done but it's always fun to see back all those crazy characters.

• Oct 15, 2008

I love this movie its funny. Kirin is soooo cute^^. The series so good too, but I wish they used his other voice from season 7 and on. He sounds sooo much better. Why won't jus admit he loves Akane, its totally obvious and its driving me crazy