Rare Birds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rare Birds Reviews

July 3, 2016
I think the film is delightful and a MUST see comedy. There are too many "rare birds" in movie to list, but you MUST see them all. Original, funny.
June 5, 2013
Cute and charming film with quirky characters and small-town magic. As usual, the introduction of drugs to the story is unnecessary and hurts the movie.
½ March 5, 2013
Cute, funny and warmly wacky little Canadian flick. Andy Jones is outstanding as he remarks over and over,"Plan B, Dave!" He's hilarious! And the coastal scenery is to die for!
July 5, 2012
Cute little film set in a sleepy Newfoundland town that is set upon by outsiders all in searchof an elusive bird. Touching with good character interaction.
September 27, 2011
I was very happily surprised. I adored it. Charming.
½ April 19, 2011
Pointy birds, oh pointy pointy
March 22, 2011
Andy Jones does a really funny job and the story isn't entirely one dimensional which is what surprised me. It's very different from other romantic comedies.
March 19, 2010
Shot in beautiful Newfoundland by Icelandic director Sturla Gunnarsson. Based on the novel by Canadian Edward Riche, who also wrote the screenplay. Stars Molly Parker, a wonderful Canadian actress.
January 26, 2010
I love this movie, and I don't say this very often. It was funny charming and in some cases very silly and funny. I laughed out loud many times and it hits home with the local persona. If you have never been there you haven't been everywhere.
January 24, 2010
Excellent comedy with character b'ys... Filmed in Newfoundland...Beautiful and 'Supernatural'...oh, that's BC, well Newfoundland is ........ and this movie has character. I'm sure a Newfie musta wrote it. They really blew the arse out of er with this my son ...Shockin' dat is, shockin b'y!!!
January 6, 2010
Cute, not sure I understood the attraction between the leads, but Alphonse was AWESOME!!
November 14, 2009
Unusual premise, great cast. It doesn?t always work, but I did enjoy it. It tends to be a little too artsy but there are rewarding moments. There is a lot going on, too many different story lines.
November 14, 2009
½ March 16, 2009
One the the funniest movies that I've seen ... highly recommended.
January 27, 2009
Great Canadian film. Molly Parker always looking so beautiful and charming.
December 4, 2008
Quirky, witty, whimsical, touching, and charming? Or rendered bland and frustrating by its endless attempts to make the odd odder? A bit of both.
½ November 9, 2008
Review will be written when/if re-watched (Probability: Zero).

First viewing: 24.06.2002
½ October 23, 2008
Funny! (because of Andy Jones) People like Greg Malone and Mary Walsh should've had bigger roles in this. Nice to see a familiar place~ but no need for any "Hollywood" names, in my opinion. :P Worth watching for the scenery alone!
October 20, 2008
Charming, quirky and very enjoyable Canadian movie.
August 29, 2008
To stir up business for his dying restaurant, a man says he saw a rare bird there in s indie comedy.