Rat Pfink a Boo Boo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rat Pfink a Boo Boo Reviews

June 15, 2014
Mind-numbingly goofy, Rat Pfink isn't a total waste if you're into so-bad-it's-good-type stuff.
Kinda weirdly funny actually
May 13, 2014
It's on Netflix instant watch... must be awful!!
½ May 13, 2014
So terrible it is absolutely hilarious. My favorite character: chain guy. He's so menacing in tight pants.
steckler memorial marathon movie 1:
later in the evening i watched an amazing color promotion for this movie. The colors were out of sight! i wish that this could have displayed that.
Steckler is the master of slow moving short movies, and this drug at times. the premise, of thugs just randomly choosing someone to terrorize for fun, is so frightening!
May 13, 2014
I am a big fan of Ray Dennis Steckler, who puts the "nai" back in "naive filmmaking." If only Hollywood had 1/100 of Ray's heart and soul. No, this is not a "good" movie. But "E.T." was, and I know which I'd rather watch again. Plus Carolyn Brandt is hawt.
½ May 13, 2014
The masterstroke was the "a" in the title, which was a typographical error, if my memory serves me. Rat Pfink and Boo Boo, no way. Rat Pfink a Boo Boo, magic.
May 13, 2014
Pfatuous quasi-guerilla filmmaking. A bagatelle of cut corners. Steckler deserves a star on Hollywood Blvd, or at least a manhole cover.
May 13, 2014
i'm all about terrible movies, but this may be too much even for me. it looks like a movie that me and my friends would have made in high school, only not as good. i found the last half to be almost excrutiatingly boring.
May 13, 2014
It shows that this film was made up as it went along. That's it's main appeal and that' s why i like it. It starts with the look of a serious, gritty murder thriller but ends as a goofy, anything goes comedy (featuring a homosexual character and a man in a gorilla suit!), via a low rent Batman and Robin rip-off, with musical numbers thrown in too! Odd.
exnavykds
May 13, 2014
Just when you think that Rat Pfink A Boo Boo is just another a low budget, anti-establishment 60's film that's crudely constructed and unintentionally funny, two caped crusaders emerge and you realize that the humor isn't so unintentional after all.

The plot is simple enough. Our super heroes, Rat Pfink and his sidekick Boo Boo, are on a mission to rescue a kidnapped girl from a gang of chain-wielding street thugs. The whole thing plays out like Tim Burton's Batman on a Roger Corman budget. This is one movie that's so bad you'll want to share it with your friends. :)
May 13, 2014
possibly the biggest cult movie of all time. I think a budget would have spoilt it somehow.
mustardnoize
½ May 13, 2014
What happens when a filmmaker (a term that I use here loosely) who never writes scripts gets bored with his so-called suspense movie and suddenly decides to make a superhero picture? Why, you get Ray Dennis Steckler's "Rat Pfink a Boo Boo!" A film known not only for being misnamed (It was supposed to be called "Rat Pfink AND Boo Boo," but the guy who did the graphics screwed it up), but also for being one of those "so bad it's kinda good" movies, this feature hits and misses in so many terrible ways, it's hysterical. Too bad MST3K never got their hands on this one. It's hilariously awful!
May 13, 2014
When I worked at a Rogers Video store in the late 80's, I saw this sitting on the shelf and thought "Hey, I bet this'll be good for a laugh!". I never forgot how wrong I was that day. NO RATING
½ May 13, 2014
Okay, so it's not a polished Hollywood movie, but it is an insane 1960's weird ride so it gets some credit for that.
May 13, 2014
I didn't think a movie could ever astound me with it's very existence as much as Riki Oh did, but Rat Pfink managed to pull it off. The sudden shift from a pseudo-Ed Wood crime drama that's utterly incompetent but still SERIOUS to a sub Batman farce is one of the most abrupt and senseless things I've EVER seen. I only regret that I knew it was coming. I can't imagine what a truly unsuspecting viewer must think of this madcap mess. Terrible, but a must-see because of it.
May 13, 2014
4 stars only because it made me laugh so very, very hard. Wow. Just when you think it couldn't get any stranger, it does. Worth the time, worth the laugh.
½ May 13, 2014
completely ridiculous, but i don't know that that's completely a bad thing.
May 13, 2014
Ray Dennis Steckler, the genius who brought the world "The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies", set out to make a straight crime drama and realized that most of the footage was unintentionally funny - so he had his two main characters suddenly change into cheap superhero costumes and turned his film into a Batman and Robin spoof! Hence, Rat Pfink and Boo Boo were born, though the opening credits refer to them as "Rat Pfink a Boo Boo", since the title designer made a spelling boo-boo of his own, and Steckler didn't have the budget to fix it! While the straightforward first half is pretty torturous, the hilariously inane action scenes that ensue (including a random fight with a gorilla!) after Rat Phink and Boo Boo appear make this a must-see for any bad movie lover. At least it's more fun than Joel Schumacher's "Batman & Robin"!
May 13, 2014
4 out of 5 only because of Kogar and Boo Boo's flashing light antenna...