Ratatouille - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ratatouille Reviews

January 17, 2017
In my opinion Ratatouille is the most underrated Pixar film. For me, it is right up there with Toy Story, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles but yet no one talks about it with those films. Ratatouille has an inspiring message of "anyone can cook", (or anyone can be whatever they dream to be) and don't judge a book by its cover. That sounds like two cliché life lessons but Brad Bird tells it in such an abstract way. The gorgeous backdrop of Paris and the beautiful French song Le Festin along with the score make this genuinely heart-warming and inspiring. Kids enjoy the adventure but adults enjoy the deeper meaning.
January 15, 2017
This is one of the most interesting films from Pixar to me, mainly in terms of the basic story. It's very interesting. I really love the main character Remy. He's so passionate and talented. I'm always impressed with how much he knows about cooking. I like Linguini, although he's not that interesting to me. Colette on the other hand, I love. She's so feisty and hardworking. The animation is so good, and the atmosphere is great too. The way Paris looks in this movie is beautiful. The film also has good comedy and nice drama. I also really like the scenes in which Remy is talking to imaginary Gusteau. I really like the food critic Anton Ego. He has a great design. There are few problems I have with the film. Again, I like Linguini, but I just found him kind of bland. Though I do like him and Remy's relationship, I felt that it could've been stronger. I also found Skinner to be boring, though kind of funny. I really wanted to know more about the rest of the staff. They actually have pretty interesting backstories. My most favorite part of the film is the ending. I love the review that Ego writes. It is so thought-provoking and deep. The ending is bittersweet with the restaurant getting closed, but Remy and company opening a bistro. I think these two elements, along with a lovable main character, a good story, great atmosphere, great animation, and good laughs make, to me, Ratatouille a good, strong movie. It has problems, but the good stuff is worth seeing. It's one of my favorites from the studio. Ratatouille is a delicious delight that I'll definitely return to in the future.
January 10, 2017
One of my favorite Pixar movies! Made me want to start cooking more
January 5, 2017
Nothing like ringing in the New Year with Ratatouille!

It was entertaining. Cute story. The little one wanted to watch it again the next day! And several days later!

The concept is unique, creative, and ironic. A RAT that is a gourmet chef, who also "steers" his human friend to cook by pulling on his hair. Yeah! Giddyup, Human!

There is definitely some weirdness in this animated story. From the chef ghost in the cookbook to a kitchen full of cooking rats, but we liked it!
December 27, 2016
Everything about this film is just amazing! By far, the most extraordinary film from Pixar!
½ December 21, 2016
The story and the animation are just beautiful, but the characters aren't exactly the most likable Pixar has ever delivered (no pun intended). Still a great Pixar masterpiece in my eyes.
December 19, 2016
Who would have thought a movie would come out about a literal rat who knows how to be a gourmet cook, let alone knowing it would be an amazing animated film. The designs of the characters is unique to this film and even though the concept is weird and simple, the interactions between the humans and their acceptance (or rejection) of rats in the kitchen is truly one that will captivate you more than you expect. This became one of my favorite animated films very fast and I applaud it for taking such a strange and silly idea and making a cohesive fun and relatable movie. Just as the movie states "anyone can be a cook" truly any movie can be a great film.
½ December 19, 2016
Filmes que são concebidos como uma declaração de amor à gastronomia são meu fraco. E este é pura poesia! Brad Bird mais uma vez acerta todas as notas com uma animação que beira a perfeição. Espetacular.
December 14, 2016
I don't like the main character that much, because seeing him indulging in his fantasies while eating is kinda irritating to watch. However, the story, the setting, and the rest of the characters are a work of genius!
December 7, 2016
This is actually my 2nd favorite Pixar movie. People don't love it enough.
November 30, 2016
A movie that makes you hungry!
November 27, 2016
I always love watching this movie
November 4, 2016
Puntaje Original: 7.5

Una de las historias más tiernas y creativas que haya visto jamás. Sin embargo la genial trama tropieza al utilizar ciertos clichés.
½ October 30, 2016
If you are like those ones who are delighted in food and adventure, certainly Ratatouille is your best choice, with an excellent production and entertaining for the family, a Disney's classic.
September 30, 2016
It seems like Brad Bird makes the best animated movies, and this is a good example.
September 17, 2016
With Brad Bird's direction corresponding into Ratatouille, expect exquisite animation and a wonderful cast that allows each character to make the film more relevant.
½ September 5, 2016
Ranks up there among Pixar's best efforts
September 2, 2016
One of my all time favourites
August 12, 2016
It was amazing. I couldn't say a word.
½ August 8, 2016
"What I say is true - anyone can cook... but only the fearless can be great."

Cooked to (almost) perfection

Ratatouille was a masterpiece when I first saw it, I used to love...and I mean LOVE to cook. But the passion faded and I attached to different sources of stimulus (film, for example). Watching this again, bought back some magic to me.

Ratatouille is delicately animated. Adding detail to our protagonist Remy in his animation as well as the food, decor and atmosphere of Paris. Pitch perfect timing of drama, suspense, comedy, joy, love, passion and emotion, It's a soap opera for the senses.

One of my only issues with this animated feature, is that it balances so much on cooking well, it's message on the whole togetherness of family seems a little too 'unseasoned' if you'll excuse the reference. It's a 'grumpy dad' v 'rebellious son' antic for drama. Been there, done that.

Other than that, Ratatouille shines a spotlight on culture, criticism and creativity from unexpected sources. Amazing.

A