Rattlers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rattlers Reviews

October 14, 2015
We did it in the name of science.

A small town police officer and a scientist begin investigating a string of strange deaths that appear to be from snake bites. They track the clues back to a strange military base in the desert. They get onto the base and begin interviewing people and discover a strange cargo was buried in a mine. Could the cargo be tied to the snake outbreak?

"Isn't it kind of strange these kids being bit so many times?"

John McCauley, director of Deadly Intruder, delivers Rattlers in his directorial debut. The storyline for this picture is bland, cliché, and doesn't have much going for it. The kill scenes are not that intense and the special effects are less than mediocre. There aren't many memorable performances delivered by the cast.

"I didn't think snakes traveled in groups."

This was recently on Turner Classic Movies (TCM) so I had to DVR it for the Halloween season. This was a below average addition to the horror genre that is definitely worth skipping. I wouldn't recommend this picture.

"I just came to watch the burning of Rome."

Grade: F
October 4, 2015
Most of the scenes are sloppily shot, substituting unconvincing rattler stock footage in some instances. RATTLERS is a passable time waster that doesn't compare to the more fun AIP films of this sort.
½ December 22, 2013
Cheap dumb plot, many silly moments, and a crazy stupid ending. In a way it's so bad it's good, but even then, there isn't much that can redeem it. The opening scene is a bit on the shocking side, while the rest of the film just goes in all sorts of wrong directions.
January 6, 2012
The "hero" does nothing productive and the whole thing is just inexplicable.
November 28, 2010
Ah, the 70's! Chidren unattened in a dangerous desert; woman's lib spouting photographers; military cover-ups (wait..that's timeless)... and cheesy films about rattle snakes run amok filmed for just under the cost of a happy meal. Only in the hands of CINEMATIC TITANIC is any of this idiocy bliss! So wait for the MST3K film crew's DVD release before sampling this god-awful mess of a movie!
½ November 21, 2010
i thought it was scary but the production quality sucked.
October 16, 2010
someone has to protect them
June 13, 2010
A very entertaining flick of the animal attack variety. Definitely would not recommend to those with an existing fear of snakes. I wonder how many were actually used during the course of filming? Definitely no CGI here. Animals attacking, little bit of a love story mixed in, with conspiracy theories and a dash of woman's lib in there too, this film is quite the product of it's time. The snake sequences are very well done and the accompanying soundtrack, which consists of a poor recreation of what a rattler's rattle sounds (which actually sounds like some one hitting two sticks together out of rhythm) is comical at first but can actually get a bit unnerving at times. Overall: High gross out factor for the sheer amount of snakes, entertaining dialogue and characters and very entertaining. Definitely recommended, even if just for a laugh.
June 10, 2010
Seen this so many times since this B rated movie It's pretty common on the Sci Fi channel movies actually
½ November 12, 2009
Better than I was expecting. The acting isn?t very good, but the story line wasn?t bad. It?s pretty low budget and it has plenty of cliche's. Poor score.
½ September 14, 2008
It's a movie titled "Rattlers"...what the hell else to you need to know? The rattlesnakes in the area are attacking random people without provocation. Could the nearby Army chemical weapons depot be to blame? I give this movie 2 1/2 stars for being so crappy, it's awesome!
August 21, 2008
i hate Fukn snakes man. Big time. anyways, this flick is just like DEATH SHIP in the fact that nothing really interesting happens in it but i didn't mind it anyways. Maybe it was because it came off like a cheap 70's TV MOVIE OF THE WEEK or the fact that, besides being PG - it was a touch mean-spirited because two little tykes get offed by the rattlers right before the credits roll. I think they got what they deserved since they were TOLD to NOT take sips of dad's beer. In the end, it's not a half bad way to spend 80 minutes.
August 4, 2008
Typical '70s animal/reptile/insect-attacks-man story. I like that the "snake expert" keeps talking about how dangerous the snakes are but stays in a tent in the desert...bad idea.