Raw Faith - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Raw Faith Reviews

June 16, 2015
Raw Faith focuses on Portland, Ore.'s Unitarian minister Marilyn Sewell. She's a complex and fascinating woman approaching a crossroads in life. It's very interesting and truly raw to see her with the level of intimacy this film provides as well as her family and other relationships. The filmmakers thoughtfully bring the viewer into her story with the perfect balance of intimacy and breathing room. Thoroughly engaging, compelling, entertaining and beautiful. I'm not sure if you'll be able to watch without crying, as it is incredibly moving. Also, this is a great portrait of Portland, Oregon. An absolute must-see!
½ August 20, 2013
If only all churches were like this. I was truly moved by this minister's openness and rawness SHE (yes she) had. Highly recommend for Christians or not. It is not preachy and not trying to convert you. Trust me, you need to see this! :)
February 25, 2013
a very beautiful movie of a woman pastor who is leading her congregation, and finds love very late in life
½ October 16, 2012
Interesting - I recommend especially for all my fellow Unitarian Universalist friends.
July 22, 2011
The trailer gives little clue to this story. It's a documentary but in the style more of a docu-drama. A story about a female minister who seems very religious in a robe and high pulpit feels like it would not be a story I'd be interested in, but I was curious. The minister tells her life story, which is not necessarily one you might suspect. She's a southern lady who left it all for a liberal religion. She had to keep it all a secret from her congregants. During the 2-yrs. of the making of the movie, something unexpected happens. It is what really makes the movie captivating and endearing. I was deeply touched by this story.
July 4, 2011
This is a human interest story you won't want to miss.