Rawhead Rex - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rawhead Rex Reviews

October 30, 2017
Yeesh... it's just as lame as I remembered. It sucks, because the story is based on is really good. But it's hard to be intimidated by the goofy looking Cross-eyed Rex.
October 18, 2017
Rex is a cool movie monster but this film was a dud.
½ October 3, 2017
Cheesy as all get out, but good for a laugh, even if the hero is a prick.
½ March 23, 2017
Okay, so for a start, the monster looks kinda silly, but if you're willing to look the other way on that front (and I am, as a fan of the original short story), there's a pretty decent little horror film here. A pagan god is released from the Earth and proceeds to debauch and devour everything around him.

It's not perfect, but it is a fairly serviceable version the source material.
October 17, 2016
Silly looking demon and some bad acting, but several fun gore scenes.
½ August 10, 2016
Simply awful. And not the good sort of awful
May 22, 2016
"Rawhead Rex" I think the name alone sold me on this movie. Set in a Irish Catholic country side, this demon-monster movie is simply glorious and gets better with every watch. The monster worshiping preacher really helps set the stage as Rawhead goes around devouring people like someone coming off a 7 day cleanse mixed with some bath salt consumption. The film has that classically obvious fast forward look that makes the movie that much goofier at times of high tension. The best part of the whole movie and why this will forever be a horror classic is simply that Rawheads face is out of this world rediculous. He looks like a monster that went through a Bert Reynolds like face stretching and just makes me laugh.
April 9, 2015
Yeah pretty terrible
August 29, 2014
I wish they would remake this movie! I understand that trying to watch this movie now might have the same effect as it did in the 80's but the plot was good Rawhead himself while not looking all that great was a true monster the scene where he took that kid outta of the car and ate him was wild for the time. i just hope someone takes a chance and reboots it.
July 31, 2014
The guy gets baptized in piss...not like a vile of piss or anything like that.... he gets pee'd on by this giant bitey demon...
½ February 16, 2014
The story itself is kinda goofy, but the movie is even worse.
January 19, 2014
Made me laugh, but i guess it would be scary, if it were real
January 13, 2014
great monster movie remake hopefully in the works
½ November 26, 2013
you have to really try to get past the look of that monster to enjoy this...thats beyond bad.
½ November 3, 2013
This is the worst movie I've seen this week... and I watched Creepshow 3 last night. Waste of time, do not bother.
October 31, 2013
Its awesome and one of the best monsters out there
½ August 22, 2013
A good low budget monster film with irish people, explosions and good gore--Retro-chiller For Brit Horror Fiends!!
½ July 21, 2013
Crazy old school movie...
March 31, 2013
I was 6 years old when I first watched it and , it did scared the crap out of me, after many years later I own it and still love it, as ridicule to others I think is one of the good "real monster" movies with good effects (for its time) compared to paranormal activity crap saga this is by far the best, it is a low budget but don't have the cheap effect, they should do a remake with the new tech and have it more gory or with a more darker side. what I can say that I don't like
much is the police trying to stop evil with guns and that they don't see that is an ancient creature. as a matter of fact today 03-31-2013 im watching it!
February 25, 2013
it's so bad that it's good. this needs to exist on dvd or blu-ray.