Re-Cut - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Re-Cut Reviews

June 10, 2014
Promised to deliver the goods and it REALLY DIDN'T. What a shitfest that just abruptly ended in the most cliche, found-footage way. The good guys lose.
October 21, 2012
Its a bit like watching a dodgy home movie which is badly edited... Found footage films are rather frequent this day and age, however if your going to produce something like that it is always advisable to write an interesting storyline... I'll spare you the boredom of explaining the general synopsis but I suggest that you steer clear of it.. The only reason its off my 1 star list is that there are a few surprises but not enough to make it worth watching again.
½ December 19, 2011
Camcorder footage film,m which cheats a big deal from what i saw, its not very interesting and when dealing with the snuff films here, they couldnt have been very interesting as whast they shoot doesnt show anything,
November 29, 2011
If you don't enjoy found-footage horror films, then you are not likely to enjoy Re-Cut. If you do enjoy them, then I think you will find it to be a creepy, well-crafted, and suspenseful piece of horror cinema that slowly and methodically builds up its feeling of horror. Essentially a crazy rednecks/locals film, Re-Cut will keep you guessing until the end and may leave you wanting more. As is so often the case with fount-footage horror films, the film feels incomplete, which is undoubtedly part of its aesthetic but which can also leave one feeling unfulfilled. Enjoyable and stylish, but not overly original or creepy, Re-Cut is solid but somewhat derivative bit of horror cinema that you will either love or hate depending on your attitude towards found-footage films.....
July 24, 2011
Re-cut certainly had the potential to be an interesting movie, and assuming that it is a first effort from the director, it is a decent, if not entirely coherent attempt. The movie is however, hampered by standard horror movie cliches, and the characters often say or do things that it seems no sane person would do. The movie feels a little lost and rambling over the majority of it's running time, and when we are finally shown what is actually going on, there really isn't any reason to care. The characters have really no developement and aren't all that likeable, so when they are put in danger, we have no real reason to care about their fates. There are several other movies with the handheld, found footage style that do it way better (nearly all of them, I think) than this one, and there really isn't anything new and exciting here to draw you in as a viewer. Little tension, little scares, next to no blood or gore, characters you don't care about, and the obligatory twist at the end that everyone should see coming from miles away. If you really are interested and it seems right up your alley, check it out, but I can't really recommend it.
July 10, 2011
great cover crappy film
June 25, 2011
Blair WItch Meets Hostel - but without the mass of blood and gore that the latter film brought with it.

This was better at the beginning, with it starting off like most cam-filmed documentary style films, but it tended to go a bit lame towards the end. The acting wasnt brilliant, with some people being quite bad, but all in all the film was a good watch....and had some quite tense moments.
June 9, 2011
HOLY HELL!! I NEED TO SEE THIS! the trailer almost made me cry! Haha
May 28, 2011
Not a bad horror film worth a view.
April 23, 2011
Waste of time. Took forever to get moving, and wasn't worth the wait.
½ April 21, 2011
I guess I made the mistake of reading other peoples reviews before watching this film.. And it kinda put a sour taste in my mouth. I didnt find this "horror" movie to be all that good.. You can kinda predict whats going to happen before it does.. Predictable, Bad Acting and a terrible script.. 2/10