The Reading Room - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Reading Room Reviews

½ November 22, 2008
How a mammoth presence like Jones pulls off such a quiet guy is pretty fun to watch. One of my favorite topics: literacy. Yes, it's 'made for TV', but the material is covered well. it's a good education.
½ August 31, 2008
I liked it. Something was pleasant about it.
½ August 9, 2008
Sweet story but definately either a made for TV movie or a Hallmark movie.
July 9, 2008
I loved how he never gave up and endured with a silent wisdom.
June 21, 2008
Very Hallmark-ish but a great story. Plus I love James Earl Jones, how can you not.
½ June 14, 2008
its about a guy doin the right thing, and its darth vader! well..his voice any ways..
April 27, 2008
i really liked this movie. and its one my mom brought home too!
March 8, 2008
tender storyof lost love and the hope of retoration and increased education amongst unerpriveledgedAfro-Americans
January 2, 2008
Taking a stand and never giving up
November 13, 2007
Love this movie... Very touching what alittle determination can do.
½ November 7, 2007
Not a great movie, mostly because it was a Hallmark film. But, as the Typical Hallmark film it was inspiring. The acting left some to be desired, but the inspirational nature of the film partially made up for cheesy acting. The movie is very safe and family friendly. Because the family is Hallmark's target audience I will say that they achieved their goals in this film.
November 4, 2007
Jones = Want to see it.
November 3, 2007
Typical Hallmark fare - but enjoyable. Nice role for James Earl Jones who plays this toned down but very expressive as his thoughts cross his face. Story of a successful businessman who honors his wife's final wishes by opening a "reading room" in the tough neighborhood where he grew up and has since left for the better part of town.