Reagan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Reagan Reviews

June 18, 2012
Separates fact from fiction by revealing the man while acknowledging the myth. Does an admirable job of giving us a full 360 degree look at a life and career that is still felt even today.
November 8, 2011
First off, if you have HBO right now, WATCH, DVR, or ON-DEMAND this doc immediately! Director Eugene Jarecki ("Why We Fight" & "The Trials Of Henry Kissenger") delivers a very complex, at times even contradicting, view on Ronald Reagan's entire private & public life. For those on the left who thought of him as a clueless, heartless puppet of the powers that be...you'll be more than a little surprised. For those on the right who thought of Reagan as a God of sorts who saved freedom & capitalism & perhaps could do no wrong...you'll be more than a bit taken back by the actual journey the man took in his life to ever reach that kind of persona. Everyone else interested will undoubtedly find something new or very intriguing about the life of this man. An all-encompassing documentary that never trashes the man in any way, nor does it placate to today's right wing punditry in any shape or form. There's a lot of myth-making & evoking pertaining to the ex-President nowadays. This doc hopefully helps deflate some of those myths (Ex: Reagan was never hardcore against illegal immigrants in this country...He fuckin' granted over 2.5 million immigrants amnesty towards the end of his presidency!) It's funny...almost everyone I know my age or older seem to have a definite feeling one way or the other about the man. The ironic part of that is that I believe very few of those people actually KNOW anything of relevance pertaining to the ex-President. If you're interested...watch this doc...you might even learn something. For all others out there...keep watching your "American Idol" & "Jersey Shore" marathons.
½ July 21, 2011
Brilliant debunking of the myths that have arisen about the man and an evenhanded look filled with fascinating insights from all sides.
July 19, 2011
Has It's Moments And Is Fulfilling To The Man But Waivers Unsuccessfully Between The Ideas Of Support For Reagan From The Film And Criticism Of Him.
May 27, 2011
An interesting somewhat moderate look at how Reagan became what he was as told by those who loved him and those who loathed him. The best part is the old footage of Reagan from his commercial days, the interview with Ron Reagan Jr and the fact that the idea for his Star Wars security plan came from one of his own B movies!
April 5, 2011
Recommended viewing for everyone.
February 21, 2011
What a beautiful man, and not without his flaws. I really appreciate how fair and honest this documentary was. Reagan as a man, not as the hero everyone built him up to be. It surprised me at how stubborn of a radical he could be... but through all his actions his intentions shine through. RIP Ronald Wilson Reagan... You were a brilliant light when we needed it most.
February 13, 2011
A well-done documentary but very tough to take the myth-making on the part of several of the participants.
½ February 8, 2011
From radio host to Hollywood movie star to President of the Screen Actors Guild to Governor of California to the President of the United States that ended the Cold War. A very good documentary on the life and legacy of Ronald Reagan with clips from his speeches, his movies and meetings with world leaders.