Real Genius - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Real Genius Reviews

½ September 24, 2012
Wish I had gone to a college like this! A good fun 1980s movie.
August 13, 2012
Without question this is the best movie of all time
½ August 6, 2012
love this movie. great val kilmer.
July 16, 2012
The cover makes Val Kilmer look so strange. Where are his sideburns?!? L
oved this one as a kid though.
June 26, 2012
Although Val Kilmer was still an unknown to Hollywood, this movie was one of his best. He was great, playing a comical character throughout. The movie had some classic lines as well.
½ June 22, 2012
One of my all time favorites.
June 14, 2012
A mostly funny 80's comedy.
June 7, 2012
popcorn & laser beams...that's all you need to know.
May 30, 2012
Classic 80's movie!!
½ May 20, 2012
This movie still stands up
May 20, 2012
Everybody wants to rule the WORLD!
½ May 17, 2012
Wednesday, May 8, 2010

(1985) Real Genius

Entertaining film of a young rebellious genius Val Kilmer with it's intentions of fitting in with other geniuses and then regretting his own invention after finding out that his invention could be used for the purpose of war!! This film is so far one of the most entertaining Val Kilmer has ever done througout his career!! Echoes alot of teen feel good films during the 80's- I have to say this one is one of the best during that era!!

3.5 out of 4
May 13, 2012
I love this movie! Val Kilmer is one of my favorite actors.
May 13, 2012
A fun geek science film with girls and gadgets.
May 1, 2012
Boring, tedious and relentlessly 80's in logic. Maybe as a nostalgia piece people could have fun with it but not having seen it before i found it especially flat and dated as any live action Diseny live-action fantasy of the period.
½ April 28, 2012
i LOVE this movie. Love it. Have loved it since 1985.
April 26, 2012
Val Kilmer's finest work!
April 19, 2012
one of Val's best performances, in a madcap comedy that is as smart as it's characters.
April 18, 2012
Witty comedy about a 15-year-old kid who gets into Pacific Tech, a college made up of some of the smartest minds in the country, and rooms with the smartest student in the school who, after studying for three years, has discovered fun.
April 17, 2012
An 80s classic if there ever was one. A must see!