Rebound Reviews

• Antonius B Super Reviewer
    Feb 28, 2017

Ina Claire is spunky and likeable as a woman whose husband is drawn to an old flame, Robert Williams is smooth and witty as her friend, and Myrna Loy is suitably vampy as the 'other woman', but the script for 'Rebound' is mediocre and it drags on over its 89 minute run time. I watched it for Loy originally, but Claire is the real reason to. It's also interesting to see Williams in the same year he starred in 'Platinum Blonde' before passing away. I won't spoil the ending except to say I thought it was awful, though perhaps fitting with what seems like a pretty staged and canned plot.

• Dec 29, 2016

Decent if stilted pre-code melodrama about wife Ina Claire trying to save her marriage after an old girlfriend of her husband, Myrna Loy starts coming around. There's also an out of wedlock pregnancy and adulterous declarations of love, which are entertaining pre-code elements. The sexism of the story is pretty rampant, but despite that and also some very stagy and self-serious dialogue there is a heart to the film that keeps it reasonably centered. This film was made before Loy was a major star and I have to say that watching this film now, it was hard for me to root against her as "the other woman."