Recipe For A Perfect Christmas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Recipe For A Perfect Christmas Reviews

November 27, 2015
Actually not a bad little Christmas movie....
August 23, 2015
This is a very adorable Christmas movie with a sweet, happy ending.
½ December 6, 2013
Very sweet movie. One of the better Christmas movies Lifetime has aired :)
½ January 22, 2013
A great cast of Bobby Cannavale (Cupid), Carly Pope (Popular), and Christine Baranski (c'mon you know who she is) is absolutely wasted here. The script has numerous problems. Pacing, realism, characters, and especially a complete mishandling of the holiday spirit. There's numerous scenes in here that had me thinking "that's not right" and the film never fixes them. One of the final scenes with J.J. makes her a really unlikable person and her "final solution" to the conflict did little to repair that damage. These three cast members I like for good reasons, but I only wish this movie was a halfway decent feel good holiday made-for-TV movie.
December 4, 2012
Very cute - one of the better Christmas comedy/romance movies I've seen.
½ December 28, 2010
Carly Pope plays JJ, a newly promoted Food Critic whose flamboyant, overbearing mother moves in with her. JJ, aghast at this turn of events, then blackmails restaurant owner, Alex, to entertain her mother in exchange for "maybe" reviewing his dying restaurant. Alex predictably falls for the daughter while warming to the mother. There are numerous problems with this movie, the characters are universally 2-dimensional. JJ is a self-serving, hateful character, her mother superficial and shallow. JJ's colleagues at the magazine are bitchy and opportunistic. The underlying message of an over-50 woman unable to make it on her own, without male assistance is bad, bad, BAD. The acting is uniformly dull, the script uninspired. The films only saving grace is the setting of New York City. I would so NOT recommend this film.
½ December 26, 2010
Caught this on Lifetime the other day and I really enjoyed it!! I really like Bobby Cannavale...I first noticed him on the series Third Watch. Well he's a real charmer in this romantic comedy. He and Christine Baranski are the standouts in this story about a mom that shows up unannounced at her daughters house for the holidays. Mom and Daughter are opposites...with the mom being the "Wild" one and the daughter all business. This made for a fun and different twist for a little Lifetime movie :)
½ December 23, 2010