Recreator - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Recreator Reviews

March 21, 2014
Saw this a couple of months back and couldnt remember the name of it for ages. Which is a shame, because it was genuinely a decent movie. It's all pretty standard for the whole movie, but the ending twist just added a whole new dimension to it. I think I will have to watch it again to fully understand it, because it is one of those absolutely genius endings where you question what you have just seen. Directing is great, acting is, not the best but not the worst either, writing is pretty good (and I can't stress how much I LOVED the ending like, minute or so), and probably one of the really underrated movies to come out recently.
½ March 11, 2013
I didn't get my hopes up for this film, so I was surprised that I really liked it.
½ December 22, 2012
Haha as bad as they come !
December 1, 2012
Consider yourself lucky if you hadn't heard of it.
November 12, 2012
.. interesting low budget flick - similar to the old Twighlight Zone stories ..
November 4, 2012
A potential idea delivered by a not so good execution.
½ October 25, 2012
un thriller de terror bastante sencillo, pero que se deja ver, una produccion chiquita pero entretenida.
½ October 21, 2012
Una historia muy debil, unos actores con baja credibiidad y en general una hora y media de solo distraccion. Para quienes gustan historias sencillas de clones con finales predecibles.
½ September 22, 2012
interesting and unique concept... nice movie
September 15, 2012
Original but all for nothing... Dull
½ September 4, 2012
Pretty good flick. A bit indie (some of the acting needed work...) A couple of kids find a house in the woods and end up getting cloned. The cloned group wants to take over the lives of the originals. They want to kill the originals and live out as the superior group.

The movie was pretty solid, though.
September 2, 2012
En comicon 2011 me toco ver publicidad de esta pelicula que el sabado de la convencion tuvo una presentacion de media noche a la cual no pude asisteir por que estaba en el house of blues viendo a Kevin Smith y Ralph garman y ademas por que no me gusta hacer cola por 4 horas por ver una pelicula que puede o no ser buena.

Tomando como referencia el tamaño del reparto que basicamente se resume en 5 actores de los cuales 3 son los que en realidad estan en pantalla toda la pelicula es un pelicula de terror/suspenso del genero indie que tiene unas aspiraciones interesantes.

la historia se centra en una isla de campamento fuera de temporada donde no hay nadies mas que una cabaña que resulta que era la guarida de un cientifico loco de los 40s y 50s que casualmente trabaja en la creación de la primera bomba atómica Y ADEMAS en la generación de clones a partir de popo y pipí,

Por que todos sabemos de nuestras clases de clonacion que el pipí y el popo son excelentes fuentes de adn.

Finalmente resulta que cuando caen rayos en la fosa séptica de la cabaña el jalar de la cadena genera un clon de la persona que en ese momento este liberando a willy, casualmente los rayos solo caen lo suficiente como para que se genere un solo clon de cada uno de los usuarios del baño mágico.

de ahí la historia se centra en la convivencia de los sobrevivientes con sus clones que supuestamente son mas rápidos e inteligentes y cuya única demostración de este hecho es que son mejores jugando scrabble.

A fin de cuentas es una película sin mucho presupuesto que intenta explorar un tema de una manera interesante pero que no es realmente muy exitosa en ese proposito.
August 25, 2012
Very interesting. Loved the ending.
½ August 24, 2012
Three campers must face off against their clones, in the process the three campers learn hidden truths about each other and themselves as well. Not a bad movie, the plot was interesting and fresh. But the acting was average at best and the show could of done with a bit more action, still though the movie was certainly watchable and I enjoyed the ending.
August 23, 2012
Interesting. A movie that's been out since 2010 and no reviews. Sounds like not many got to see it. Which is a bit of a shame, because it's something better than the typical teenagers in cabin in woods movie. The absence of cliches keeps it fresh. We really don't know what is coming, except in a general way.

Three friends go island camping and find a house once owned by an atomic scientist. They discover the nature of his work after Los Alamos, which is equally brilliant but biology, not physics. Their presence in the house activates the mechanism he created-- perfect clones of each of the three appear. They're smart and funny, don't seem menacing, but the undercurrent of weirdness / danger makes the teens realize they need to escape.

The emphasis is on the strangeness of relating to themselves in newer, smarter encarnations. Can they co-exist or does one set of friends have to "go"?

We're never really sure where the clones are from-- whether they're pure clones or Something Strange stamped with the teens' personalities. The glimmerings of that issue beneath the plot kept it interesting for me.

I would recommend it as long as your expectations are kept within reasonable limits. And some viewers just won't like it. But if you're one of the ones who does, you'll get enough out of it to be glad you saw it.