Red's Dream - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Red's Dream Reviews

January 17, 2010
This was sad a bit..
½ December 2, 2009
a very wierd story about a unicycle that dreams of performing at the circus with a clown.l
½ August 9, 2009
Creepy clown...unicycle...both juggle balls...sad overall
July 28, 2009
My favorite Pixar animation. This is the coolest idea ever.
July 9, 2009
This movie, at the time of writing, currently ranks as one of Pixar's lesser known efforts. The reality in which our protagonist lives - as reflected in the colourlessness of the bicycle store - is cruel and harsh, and subjects him to constant negligence from those around him . The 3D animation quality is nice enough - that clown does look pretty grotesque and chunky I'll admit, being Pixar's first real attempt at an organic character, and a telling sign of their current lack of expertise in this particular field. Above all, Pixar are capable of making me actually care about such everyday inanimate objects as desk lamps, tin toys, miniature snowmen and unicycles - and that has got to be worth something.
½ January 16, 2009
Unlike "Luxo Jr.", this one gets a little boring in the middle. I understand the obsession with complexity, but they juggle too much and it looks peculiar. Not as entertaining but still great.
November 23, 2008
If I were a lonely unicycle I would dream to be appreciated as well. Much more sad and gloomy than most of Pixar's shorts.
September 19, 2008
Further with the personification Pixar is now famous for, we get the hopes and dreams of the forgotten-about...in the form of a unicycle placed on clearance. Poignant, human, and about flawless if not for the horribly cliche lonely saxophone music that accompanies it.
August 13, 2008
Sweat film but not my favourite of the Pixar Shorts
½ July 25, 2008
Not a bad short soap.
½ June 15, 2008
"Red's Dream" is one of the gloomier short films to come from Pixar. It's story is one that has been told and realy didn't need to be told again in this form. However the end was differen't from all the other things that tell the same story so an extra star for that.
May 24, 2008
A clown juggling on a unicycle which later starts juggling itself.

Again, a highlight of Pixar's wonderful ability to animate everyday objects and bring them to life.
½ March 24, 2008
Could have been a lot better.
February 11, 2008
Looks a bit ugly but the story is very good.
February 7, 2008
Uplifting and crushing
January 22, 2008
Une histoire bien triste, unique chez Pixar. Joli jeu sur les mouvements du monocycle, dans le rêve. Réussir à rendre expressif un tel objet : chapeau !
½ December 31, 2007
Den mest emosjonelle og roerende av Pixar -kortfilmene.
December 28, 2007
Pretty good, but that clown creeps me out.
½ December 25, 2007
Probably the least of the Pixar shorts, but was pretty groundbreaking for its time.