The Reeds - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Reeds Reviews

½ October 17, 2016
si tu le disparas a mi perro, te dispararía en la cara también.
February 28, 2016
Classy Brit horror which brings intelligent horror to the Norfolk Broads. A disturbing mix of dark characters, darker secrets and sheer terror. Hugely underrated.
November 29, 2015
The only thing I liked about this movie was the song that is played in the beginning and at the end of the movie. The acting is weak and the movie is confusing.
½ October 30, 2015
Pretty dreadful. Bad plot, not all that well filmed and some average acting.
½ May 13, 2015
Visually lush British horror flick.
½ January 25, 2015
If you kill my dog, I would shoot you in the face too.
September 8, 2014
The Reeds (Nick Cohen, 2010)

The Reeds is not a bad little film, certainly not one deserving of the kind of calumny it has received around the Internet (4.6 at IMDB, 10%[!!] at Rotten Tomatoes). It's nothing spectacularly original, but if you're looking for a somewhat understated supernatural thriller, this will do as well as most of your other options. A group of young-and-beautifuls head out of the city to spend a weekend boating in the middle of nowhere...but "middle of nowhere" turns out to be a much more accurate description than they were hoping, and the reeds are home to all sorts of the kinds of noises that make people wonder just how alone they are on the desolate moor. While the climax does get a touch ridiculous, that did not, in my estimation, detract from the basic enjoyability of the movie. It's empty calories, but it's an easily-swallowed ninety minutes that does not leave a nasty aftertaste. ***
½ September 6, 2014
A decent movie that manages to have every genre cliche without falling into common traps. The characters are really well developed but make some of the dumbest choices I have ever seen in a horror film. One girl shoots a flare gun inside the boat. I mean...what? The deaths are believable and horrifying, often making me gasp in shock, but are ALWAYS caused by somebody doing something idiotic. Still, the movie has guts and ambition, just not the brains to back it up. The plot tries to take twists and turns, but in the end nothing makes sense and I was left with a feeling of disappointment at how fast the air left the balloon.
July 27, 2014
I found this movie very hard to follow and very uninteresting.
½ December 29, 2013
Odd movie, full of alternate reality situations all over the place. Never a good way to go, in my opinion.
December 27, 2013
What a disjointed and confusing mess.
November 9, 2013
Por lo menos se puede terminar de ver, una historia rara pero con muchos cabos sueltos...
October 24, 2013
The ending is kind of dumb, and overall, the film is just pretty forgettable.
½ September 21, 2013
With a flashback timeline so out of place half the movie you forget if the movie is any good or not.
½ May 14, 2013
This didn't make a whole lot of sense. After seeing Lake Mungo, The Final, and Kill Theory (all Horrorfest 4 movies), I thought I would enjoy this. I didn't. It started off pretty well but just got worse from there. Movies like this just aren't scary. It's not very bloody and not scary at all. It is pretty interesting, I'll give it that. It reminded me of Children of the Corn and Triangle. I'd only recommend this to someone who loves the Horrorfest movies and this is the only one they haven't seen.
April 27, 2013
freaky and very strange movie. even at the end you dont understand what was real and what wasnt, and what was the point!?
½ April 26, 2013
British horror usually is quite good, this one however was boring! Story was crap, acting were terrible, nothing redeeming about this horror.
½ March 3, 2013
This was pretty good. Suspense builds throughout and plot kept you guessing. Worth a watch.
½ February 25, 2013
I mean WHAT THE FUCK. This movie makes me wish I had that hour and a half back. Endings like this really get me angry. (February 26, 2013)
February 1, 2013
started out slow, the build up to where it arts interesting takes way to long and by the time you get curious what is happening you have lost interest. given it has a decent story when you know what all is happening but there are better movies out there that tackle the same concept and has better execution when doing it. watch if you feel.