Regarding Henry - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Regarding Henry Reviews

July 9, 2014
The real question is why didn't this film get nominated?
May 12, 2014
Dreadful. I considered it an insult to my backside that was forced to sit through such nonsense.
April 20, 2014
Harrison Ford has his typical strong performance, but the storyline and redemption theme just weren't strong enough to make it great.
March 24, 2014
Hard watch, but interesting movie.
February 26, 2014
A man is caught in a robbery, shot in the head, is put in a coma and comes out of the coma not knowing who he or his family are and needs to relearn life again.
January 2, 2014
Cliche, mawkish-ridden sentimental tripe. One of Mike Nichols' worst films.
December 19, 2013
Cliche, mawkish-ridden sentimental tripe. One of Mike Nichols' worst films.
December 10, 2013
One of my favorites! Harrison Ford delivers a memorable performance for me!
November 26, 2013
Simplistic and oftentimes implausible but entertaining enough.
November 26, 2013
Simplistic and oftentimes implausible but entertaining enough.
½ November 6, 2013
Mom recommended this, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't really exciting. Still a nice story and great acting from Harrison Ford.
½ September 27, 2013
Ford is good in every movie he plays. This one runs slow but it's very interesting and has a great point in the end.
September 21, 2013
Bought the premise of a man trying to regain his life but finds out he's not fit to be a lawyer. Harrison Ford does not look interested throughout the whole film.
August 31, 2013
Good, but not great. Had tons of potential but pulls its punches and falls back on cliches. Plot is a bit choppy and uneven too - too many blind alleys, when the writer and director should be concentrating on more profound statements.

I would have expected much better from director Mike Nichols and writer JJ Abrams. Still, fairly moving and interesting.

Great performance by Harrison Ford in the lead role. Good support from Annette Bening.
½ May 26, 2013
Una pelĂ­cula con principios morales. Talvez por eso no es tan popular
April 21, 2013
I wanted to like this so badly. It was Harrison Ford when he was still cool, re-teaming with his 'Working Girl' director, Mike Nichols. Unfortunately, it was too sappy and simple-minded for my tastes.
April 15, 2013
I liked this movie when I was a kid, but now I dunno. It's watchable, but ugh, it's such a soap opera for the most part. Harrison Ford is still the man, and there is moments that still grab me. Ive never been a huge Mike Nichols fan anyway. I admit, mostly becuase I don't care for the subject matter in his films.
March 30, 2013
one of my favorite harrison ford movies
March 19, 2013
Tuesday, March 19, 2013

(1991) Regarding Henry
DRAMA

(Contains spoilers)
An renown lawyer Henry Turner(Harrison Ford) receives a gun shot wound to the head because of some robbery turning him to act like a child again with his wife Sarah and 12 year old daughter helping him to rehabilitate. Once he becomes better and as the film progresses he finds out once becoming a softee that his old life was the pits and was an immoral bastard since he was a successful sleazy lawyer. So basically even though he's not his same old self again the law firm still continue to pay him- just for showing up. And realizes that his old self is more sleazy and self absorbed than his new life, where he used to cheat on his wife Sarah and regularly always ignores his 12 year old daughter.

Throughout at least on the first hour, I was wondering whether the bastard that shot him was ever going to get caught, but the film kind of turns around and forget that he even exists and says that those shots- one to the head was a mixed blessing which in real life- hardly happens. And finally decides to leave a great gig by being paid to show up to do nothing since he can't really be hired to do anything else since he still has that bullet lodged in his brain. I mean for the short term he gets to spend more quality time with his wife and child but that can only last so long with the money they have - it's hardly anything.

2 out of 4
February 26, 2013
A great performance by Harrison Ford. And a very heart felt film. About starting over again after tragedy for the better