Reign of Fire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Reign of Fire Reviews

April 4, 2018
I really love this movie.
½ January 6, 2018
A cool and different action film many may have missed. Set in the future after the rise of Dragons across the world. Has an impressive final battle set in the heart of a scorched London!
January 4, 2018
I loved this movie and would highly recommend. What's not to love....two hunky stars and lifelike dragons. I felt myself entertained throughout the film.
December 24, 2017
One of the worst films I've ever seen!
Was like something my 15yo would have cobbled
Together for his project at school. What were the lead actors thinking getting involved
December 21, 2017
I liked the film a lot. Matthew McConaughey and Christian Bale had carry the movie. There were just enough dragon action to keep the movie exciting. The Gerard Butler character was fun. The main focus of the story is survival. Those who wanted to see more human versus dragon confrontation are missing the point. The movie is more about the McConaughey and Bale characters and their interactions with other interesting "human" characters in their various takes on how to survive and overcome the dragons in a post apocalyptic world. If the movie were all about battles of humans versus dragons it would have turned from a human drama into a kill the dragon video game.
September 10, 2017
My family has always enjoyed this movie, and we watch it when it appears on cable. I think the critics are too harsh on this film.
September 2, 2017
Reign of Fire was an incredibly entertaining movie! Sure, not the smartest thing out there, but a good 2 hours
August 27, 2017
I liked it. The writing could have been better and I agree that there was colossal waste of talent. However, it was a new take on an old Post apocalyptic story.
August 22, 2017
Fantastic popcorn movie! Which is why it's on TV everytime you turn it on.
½ August 21, 2017
This film is crap, McConaughey, Bale, Butler, and Siddig have all done much better films. This movie was a waste of these talented actors time. Their agents were chastised for letting them do this horrid piece of fecal matter I hope.
August 7, 2017
Surely the fullness of time has shown that this fun dragon movie deserves a "fresh" rating. What's not to like? Totally bat-shit Matthew McConaughey, Christian Bale (who is always good. Always), Gerard Butler when he still sounded like a Scot and before anyone presupposed anything that he does, Alexander Siddig (again always good. A supporting actor who deserves to be a leading man) and a clever premise. Plus - DRAGONS! What's not to like?
½ July 31, 2017
Enjoyable post-apocalpytic, sci-fi romp with good CG dragons and well-paced action sequences. Stellar cast elevates material, which leaves you forgetting about the odd plot hole.
July 19, 2017
I honestly thought this movie was fine. The special effects were great. I just wish the movie showed more about the dragons invading and attacking .
March 23, 2017
3/22/2017: A decent film with a really good cast. Not good enough to watch over and over though.
½ March 11, 2017
Bald McConaughey chewing cigars and fighting a flaming dragon face off will make you laugh hard. This movie is so bad and wrong in so many aspects is worthy a watch. Uwe Bol said it was an inspiration for him.
½ March 4, 2017
This movie satisfied me with it's dragon action and supsense. If you're a person looming for a good dragon film, this is the best one yet.
February 2, 2017
Aside from a few thrilling moments, the fun B-movie premise and inspired setting doesn't change it's dull pacing
January 28, 2017
EPIC MASTER PIECE and UNDERRATED FILM
December 8, 2016
loved it great looking dragons!!!