Reign of Fire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Reign of Fire Reviews

January 28, 2016
Not much originality behind this somewhat dark action flick. Worth a watch, if you want to see Christian Bale not doing much and Matthew McConaughey portraying an Arnold Schwarzenegger kind of Commando,
½ January 13, 2016
Reign of Fire is brainless fun, which means it is stupid.
November 21, 2015
Batman, Leonidas, and Detective Rust Cohle fighting dragons in the apocalypse. It's not fine cinema but it's a damn entertaining movie.
November 19, 2015
I like this movie since many years ... especially Matthew McConaughey is great here ... Toni
October 31, 2015
I loved this movie!
Awesome action scenes, beautiful scenery. The Dragons are better than Game of thrones, and the acting is excellent.
October 17, 2015
I liked this so much better the first time I watched it, but it lacks dragons. MOAR DRAGONS!!
October 14, 2015
Brave Americans have been saving the world in cinematograph for many-
many years (mostly from aliens and terrorists). This time though it was
something unbelievably fresh. The world have been saved by Americans
together with English from...dragons(!)...in future! Such wow! This
is...fantastic...in all senses. Don't get me wrong, i did like the
movie, but mostly due to the cast. Mcconaughey did his job exquisitely
once again. One will find him in a very unusual role here (not that i
barely recognized him or something, i did, and was even really amazed).
For Bale - well job as well. The plot and the actualization are cheesy
but it could be worse (there are lots of similar movies which are
trashy). But this one is quite fascinating, sometimes even intriguing.
So i would recommend to watch it just for one time. Evening, beer,
pizza and Mcconaughey killing dragons - a pretty nice kit for having a
good time, don't you think?
½ October 8, 2015
This movie, despite not so good acting and a kind dumb plot, is alright. The dragons are very cool and the action scenes and photography are well done, I enjoyed watching it because of the action and because of Matthew Mcconaughey's decent performance, Christian Bale was also not bad. In conclusion this is a nice monsters movie and if you don't have high expections I think you will enjoy it.
September 29, 2015
A pretty good film given the subject. A post-apocalyptic movie about dragons with extremely well done special effects and brilliant performances by Christian Bale and Matthew Mcconaughey.
½ July 30, 2015
Senseless, but fun regardless. I will put this down as a film that I am able to watch without having to put to much thought into what I was watching.
June 26, 2015
Good first half but fails in the second half.
June 17, 2015
There are dragons - and Christian Bale seemingly doing a preemptive impersonation of Ray "i've come to kill your monster" Winstone..

Its Shit! It really is.. Not awful - not offensive shit, just your common, didn't try very hard with that one did you.. come on least you can do is make an effort and bury it - Shit..
June 5, 2015
B movie of Bale and McConaughey , wow
May 20, 2015
Pretty good special effects considering the concept.
½ May 20, 2015
A cool movie, with badass heroes, dragons and shit, but it ain't very good.
May 1, 2015
Unexpectedly good sci-fi post-apocalyptic fantasy with brilliant actors, Beautifully paced with its non-epic duration and still story looks convincing. Pure pleasure.
March 9, 2015
"Mad Max with Dragons" had no right to be any good, and while it's not without its issues, it's a surprisingly authentic depiction of life after the apocalypse.
½ February 8, 2015
awesome movie. all-star cast of bale mcconaughey butler. great acting throughout. the movie kept you into it from beginning to end. intriguing premise executed well with a good story. good action and lots of cool scenes. dragons are beastly (3 viewings)
January 30, 2015
Fascinating concept of a dragon apocalypse, but the story lacks common sense. It's an okay film that could have been much better.