Reign of Fire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Reign of Fire Reviews

½ May 20, 2016
First rate sci fi Drama (McConaughy a little over the top, though). Convincingly creates a post-apocalyptic world - with lots of dragons. "The only thing worse than dragons are Americans."
May 15, 2016
What a waste of talent! Christian Bale,Gerard Butler, Matthew McConaughey, Alexander Siddig -- and not a single moment when acting mattered. Why wasn't Ben Kingley in this schlock -- it seems tailor made for him! (Think: "Blood Rayne", but a little better.) This film is muddled beyond belief, but it's pretty, so that counts for sumin'.
jamrcla
May 6, 2016
Far from a terrible movie but nothing great too, The whole idea is old but hardly ever been done, Mathew McConaughey was very over the top, The action was ok but nothing new, I must admit the dragon effects look pretty good for its year, It's pretty fun for a quick watch but very forgettable.
May 2, 2016
Decent effects and performances given the time and budget, but it can't elevate itself quite to the cult status it wants to reach.
March 10, 2016
Surface level entertainment with great leading men.
February 25, 2016
This is a fun movie that was constructed with a lot of heart. Easily watchable if you enjoy any of these inclusions: 1. Dragons 2. A nicely filmed Tank 3. Matthew McConaughey.
½ February 14, 2016
L'idea certamente carina, ma la trama sviluppata malissimo nonostante abbiano messo in campo fior fiori di attori. Devo ammettere che alcune sequenze sono davvero inspiegabili.
Gli effetti speciali, fortunatamente, sono stati gradevoli.
January 28, 2016
Not much originality behind this somewhat dark action flick. Worth a watch, if you want to see Christian Bale not doing much and Matthew McConaughey portraying an Arnold Schwarzenegger kind of Commando,
½ January 13, 2016
Reign of Fire is brainless fun, which means it is stupid.
November 21, 2015
Batman, Leonidas, and Detective Rust Cohle fighting dragons in the apocalypse. It's not fine cinema but it's a damn entertaining movie.
November 19, 2015
I like this movie since many years ... especially Matthew McConaughey is great here ... Toni
October 31, 2015
I loved this movie!
Awesome action scenes, beautiful scenery. The Dragons are better than Game of thrones, and the acting is excellent.
October 17, 2015
I liked this so much better the first time I watched it, but it lacks dragons. MOAR DRAGONS!!
October 14, 2015
Brave Americans have been saving the world in cinematograph for many-
many years (mostly from aliens and terrorists). This time though it was
something unbelievably fresh. The world have been saved by Americans
together with English from...dragons(!)...in future! Such wow! This
is...fantastic...in all senses. Don't get me wrong, i did like the
movie, but mostly due to the cast. Mcconaughey did his job exquisitely
once again. One will find him in a very unusual role here (not that i
barely recognized him or something, i did, and was even really amazed).
For Bale - well job as well. The plot and the actualization are cheesy
but it could be worse (there are lots of similar movies which are
trashy). But this one is quite fascinating, sometimes even intriguing.
So i would recommend to watch it just for one time. Evening, beer,
pizza and Mcconaughey killing dragons - a pretty nice kit for having a
good time, don't you think?
½ October 8, 2015
This movie, despite not so good acting and a kind dumb plot, is alright. The dragons are very cool and the action scenes and photography are well done, I enjoyed watching it because of the action and because of Matthew Mcconaughey's decent performance, Christian Bale was also not bad. In conclusion this is a nice monsters movie and if you don't have high expections I think you will enjoy it.
September 29, 2015
A pretty good film given the subject. A post-apocalyptic movie about dragons with extremely well done special effects and brilliant performances by Christian Bale and Matthew Mcconaughey.
½ July 30, 2015
Senseless, but fun regardless. I will put this down as a film that I am able to watch without having to put to much thought into what I was watching.
June 26, 2015
Good first half but fails in the second half.
June 17, 2015
There are dragons - and Christian Bale seemingly doing a preemptive impersonation of Ray "i've come to kill your monster" Winstone..

Its Shit! It really is.. Not awful - not offensive shit, just your common, didn't try very hard with that one did you.. come on least you can do is make an effort and bury it - Shit..