The Reivers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Reivers Reviews

February 12, 2008
It doesn't quite know where it's going--it's got this Disney corniness to it...but with prostitutes and racism and so on and so forth. It can't really juggle the serious topics and be a cheery coming-of-age film at the same time. And as a whole, it just isn't that interesting. You end up just wanting to pull Steve McQueen out of it and inject him into a good movie.
February 9, 2008
Not funny, not an interesting story, nor characters. I simply dislike these hippie allegory movies.
½ February 3, 2008
(Narrated by Burgess Meredith) A 60-year-old man tells of the wild roadtrip in his childhood when he learns the facts of life through Boon, played by Steve McQueen. It's a heartwarming and funny story of lessons in lying, cheating, womanizing and brawling!
January 6, 2008
This is a coming of age story that features one of the first cars. The boss buys this new car. The hand, Steve McQueen, drives away in it taking the boss' son with him. The boss' son comes of age. Ladies - 2 boxes of tissues for this.
June 24, 2007
What the quack is a Reiver? >_>"
June 6, 2007
I saw this movie in a drive-in in 1971. The story is sweet - this is the first movie where I remember being stunned by the cinemetography.
½ May 20, 2007
I love this movie and I love the book even more. I love Steve McQueen and I love William Faulkner even more than that.
January 21, 2007
wanna see it i cant wAIT LOL !!!
January 4, 2007
Cinematography, acting and story - why I go to movies.
November 6, 2006
this sounds like an interesting film
September 28, 2006