Renaissance Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Renaissance Man Reviews

May 28, 2012
Don't waste your time. They played it in my language arts class and i did my homework the whole time to entertain myself
May 21, 2012
Soooo hilarious!!!! Danny Devito goin down the victory tower!!!!
May 2, 2012
There are dozens of inspirational teacher movies, but this one is by far the best! 'The choices we make dictate the life we will lead'
½ April 22, 2012
pretty good some great scenes and a great plot
April 17, 2012
This is not the usual kind of DeVito movie where he is brimming over with sarcasm. This is more than that! A really genuine personal experience with seemingly real people.
½ April 8, 2012
An enjoyable film that might be a little overlong for some, but the film provides a number of entertaining moments. Released as 'Army Intelligence' in Australia.
½ March 6, 2012
I love this movie, it is Mark's first and one of his best. He is hilarious.
½ February 10, 2012
Penny Marshall's Renaissance Man almost could be a really good film. Unfortunately, the script is so repeated.
½ February 8, 2012
I like it, this movie actually taught me something!
½ February 4, 2012
like seriously i enjoyed this movie:)
January 11, 2012
I never thought, that I would enjoy this film, because I am not a military movie type person, but this film is so much more than that. I watch it over and over. I recommend this film.
½ January 7, 2012
This movie plays like it's a commercial for both the Army and Shakespeare. A very odd combination you might think. Yet somehow it seems to work. What it really ends up being is a heartwarming tale of some soldiers and how they learn to improve themselves through genuinely learning something.

Sure, the whole thing is a little cheesy and artificial, but it's one of those feel good films that you can't help but smile while watching. This is what everyone wishes the teacher-student relationship could be like. The teacher enriches the minds of the students, and the students touch the heart of the teacher. This sometimes makes the whole thing come off a bit like a fantasy, but if you can suspend disbelief a little you can't help but be touched by some of the scenes.

I find myself emotionally involved every time I watch this movie. The characters' different storylines are all interesting, and you can really start to care about what happens to them. Perhaps the biggest downfall of the movie is the far-fetched nature of it all. I mean the idea that learning some Shakespeare will magically transform incompetent people into star pupils is ridiculous. Despite this I still enjoy watching it. Renaissance Man is one of those films that draws me in every time it's on TV and I end up watching the whole thing.
December 4, 2011
my faVorite movie of all time
November 30, 2011
Unmerited laughs served alongside mawkish moments, but DeVito's character grows a few inches (dual meanings). Like a midget evolving to a dwarf. Cute sometimes, but mostly difficult and contrived.
November 28, 2011
Filmed in the same location as my boot camp, Fort Jackson, DC.
½ November 5, 2011
I needed to see this. Teaching the Double-D's Shakespeare... Hamlet even. Because some things are important regardless.
June 19, 2011
One of my favorites of all-time!
June 19, 2011
I did not even realize what was going on until about 15 minutes in, it takes forever to get going and it really isn't that interesting and comes across as desperate. While it offers a couple of laughs it really just tries its best and fails to inspire us. Lets take a guy who thinks he cant be a teacher and then have him realize that he can teach, wow ...... how creative.