Rendez-Vous Reviews

• Aug 04, 2019

Great career kick for all three leads. Sexy but not a tonne happens.

Great career kick for all three leads. Sexy but not a tonne happens.

• Jul 20, 2019

• Mar 02, 2013

A Classic of Téchiné

A Classic of Téchiné

• Oct 29, 2012

A stupid movie that wasted everybody's time, except you wana see pussy and boobs. The director tried to make full sense of the movie with its crappy story-telling skills, yet it didnt make any sense at the end of the movie. However, the actors and actresses were really awesome. Wasted good actors in this movie.

• Jul 16, 2012

A bit late and misleading New Wave.

A bit late and misleading New Wave.

• Jan 16, 2012

I don't really know what to say about this film. I'm still deciding and it's been a few months since I watched it. I'll let you decide.

• Jun 16, 2011

Nina (Juliette Binoche) is a sexual free spirit living in Paris, hunting for apartments with her sleazeball of a real-estate agent, Paulot, whose haircut says "well-off English schoolboy" and whose jaw says "who butchered his mother and dissects stray cats". He rooms with broodingly handsome Quentin. Both Quentin and Paulot are immediately attracted to Nina, and go about wooing her in their own prickish ways (Quentin: threatening suicide, Paulot: bitching and undressing either himself or Nina alternately). Nina goes for Quentin. Quentin has Paulot grope Nina. Quentin dies. Nina cries. Scrutzler shows up and casts Nina in his production of Romeo & Juliet. Nina struggles. Nina and Paulot FINALLY do the deed, and it is one of the most revolting sex scenes, ever. Scutzler leaves for England on the opening night of his play, leaving a bewildered Nina behind. End. This supposedly takes place over several years, though the pacing is such that it feels closer to two or three days. Also, Nina never changes clothes. There is no feeling in this movie. It's eighty-eight minutes of flummoxing encounters and cringeworthy sex scenes and more issues than you can shake a stick at. There is no desperation. There is no love. There is no sexual tension (maybe because there is no buildup!). The only thing I can commend are the performances of Jean-Louis Trinignant and Juliette Binoche. 1 1/2 stars.

• Jan 02, 2011

Je t'aime, je t'aime, je t'aime Julette Binoche

Je t'aime, je t'aime, je t'aime Julette Binoche

• Sep 23, 2010

Un bon Téchiné, assez violent et provocateur. Juliette Binoche dans un de ses premiers rôles crève l'écran en provinciale débarquée à Paris, fragile et manipulable. A voir.