Reviews

• Oct 19, 2011

It was nothing great or fantastic, but overall a somewhat cute movie with Don Novello in a small, but very well-playd role... If you have nothing else to see you can go ahead and watch it :)

• Sep 12, 2011

just ok maybe its the cast but this feels like a made for TV movie.

just ok maybe its the cast but this feels like a made for TV movie.

• Mar 23, 2011

I was completely disturbed by Don Novello's character. I'm sorry but they mixed dead people in the mix and I can even remember how many days the body was lying around rotting! Gross! I think they were going to a Weekend at Burney's feel but they missed. It was kinda funny but totally distrubing.

• Feb 18, 2011

This film is SO WEIRD. I never thought I'd see Melissa Joan Hart in a movie with a necrophiliac... this film is entertaining but a little strange!

• Jan 20, 2010

Actually, a surprisingly decent film. I got this at the dollar store, and am pleased with my purchase. its pretty funny, has interesting characters, and a pretty good cast. When a young couple moves to new york, they share an apartment with a relative. The relative dies, and rather than admit the truth the couple hides the body, and claims the relative went on a vacation. They're caught by a nosy landlord, but end up staying when they help him pass a building inspection. Plus it has Melissa Joan Hart, who is an extremely under-rated actress. All in all, if you can find it see it, if not, look harder.

• Nicki M Super Reviewer
    Jan 03, 2009

It's pretty lame, in all honesty. Melissa Joan Hart is an actress I have watched since her Sabrina days, she is the only reason I bothered with this. She's not actually a very good actress, so it's her usual hammy persona, subtle as a brick and about as convincing, but I kind of like her enough to forgive it. Story isn't really for family viewing, though it's marketed that way. Some pretty dark themes here including a woman who's into bondage and a guy who enjoys having sex with a corpse (implied rather than seen). If you can ignore the over the top acting and cheap production, this is entertaining enough to watch on tv (minus the kids!).

• Jan 07, 2008

I think this is an ok movie, the plot sounds appealing but the acting wasn't up to par. I still respect Melissa Joan Hart though.

• Sep 03, 2007

I own this, only my copy goes by the title "Aunt Agatha's Apartment"... and the cover it bears looks nothing like this "Rent Control" one... and I think I would've been dissapointed had I gotten the American version... because the cheesy title and cheesy cover do a much better job of preparing you for how much of a B movie this is. Really quite disturbing at times, has a few shining moments, and some fun lines... "YOU ARE SHAMU!"

• Sep 02, 2007

Yes. This good idea. I control the rent.

Yes. This good idea. I control the rent.

• Jun 23, 2007

I'm so sad that this movie sucks, because I wanted it to be good. It's okay Melissa Joan Hart, I still love you.