Rent-A-Cop - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rent-A-Cop Reviews

March 15, 2014
A drug bust gone bad costs Burt his badge, forcing him to be a rent-a-cop for Liza. Burt seems to be playing the same character in all his 80s movies and slightly resembles Mike Ditka when wearing his Bears sweater. This film, more than any other, confirmed Burt's days as #1 box office attraction were officially over.
February 23, 2013
Fun B movie action with Burt Reynolds and Liza Minnelli.
January 29, 2013
Quite a good cast is assembled for an almost complete waste of time. Burt is totally coasting here and Minnelli is really getting too old to play parts like this. James Remar adds quite a bit of intensity (the scene where you find out why he's called "Dancer" is worth the price of admission), but it's really not enough to justify sitting through this.
January 19, 2013
Hui kauheaa miten huono. Mahdollisesti huonoin koko vuonna tähän asti. Liza Minellin olisi ehkä kannattanut harjoittaa roolihahmonsa ammattia mielummin kuin vetää maineensa lokaan tässä taideteoksessa. Huijui, miten huono.
½ October 27, 2012
One would reasonably expect that the pairing of Burt and Liza would be electric. Unfortunately that was not the case here. I liked Burt's wardrobe of Chicago Bears clothing but casting Liza as a high priced call girl was questionable.
October 22, 2010
Unintentionally hilarious.
February 28, 2010
This looks outstanding.
September 18, 2009
Is this like Rent-a-Ghost?
deano
½ July 23, 2009
This cop thriller starring Burt Reynolds and Liza Minnelli sucks! Minnelli was too old for the role as a prostitute.
½ December 3, 2008
November 28, 2008
Liza, laughs, gold lame. What more can one ask of a movie!?
September 13, 2008
I almost had an anuerism when I saw the poster.
September 7, 2008
Good Movie Worth Watching
½ July 22, 2008
Don't ask me why the hell I've seen this.
½ March 30, 2008
Burt's stache is in full effect, but so is Liza, unfortunately. The pain inflicted by watching this filmn is certainly not worth it. Just rent the Super Mario Brothers film instead.
½ March 22, 2008
Not only is it just awful; but both Liza and Burt knew it was just awful and have both admitted it.

It's JUST AWFUL.

But for camp value, it can be fun. Make a pitcher of Margaritas before you hit play.

Watch for the scene where a scary, deep voiced drag queen says to Liza "I LOVE your muff!"

Offensively bad.
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
March 17, 2008
Standard Burt fare, but this time with the shrill Liza Minnelli.
October 30, 2007
Burt Reynolds - enough said!
½ July 1, 2007
This is allBURT folks @ his best I loved this movie...:-)