The Replacements - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Replacements Reviews

½ June 1, 2015
Just a fun,do not take too seriously piece of entertainment.....it should not be thought of any other way and that's more than enough.
May 21, 2015
Pure fun from start to finish
½ April 25, 2015
One of the better Football films and a fun ride. Keanu at his best.
½ March 20, 2015
I love sports movies. I'd watch a movie about Olympian tiddlywinks! The trouble with 'The Replacements' is that I've seen it before, in every comedy sports movie ever made. A terrible cliche ridden movie, not worth the talents of Gene Hackman and Jack Warden.
½ March 19, 2015
One of my favorite football movies, Get me the ball, I'll get you the ball, get me the ball, I'll get you the ball. I am not sure why people seem to hate Keanu so much, I think it is just because he is good looking and famous, and they think they could do what he does, but I think he is a good actor, and he is perfect in the role of Shane "Footsteps" Falco. Overall this movie is a little dirty, but really funny and has a great cast, and it is always nice to see Gene Hackman work.
March 15, 2015
Another personal favourite of mine - although it's predictable, I find it to be funny and entertaining. Sit back with a beer and just enjoy the shenanigans. :)
February 25, 2015
totally predictable but entertaining enough it never became an issue!
January 5, 2015
Gotta review a football movie during the playoffs (with my beloved Cowboys advancing) The Replacements is one of those movies critics have to hate or be thought shallow. This is a fluff of a movie, but I don't know a single guy who didn't like this film. It's a slapstick comedy football flick with the legend Gene Hackman, Jon Favreau, Keanu Reeves, Orlando Jones, John Madden and scene-stealer Rhys Ifans. The Replacements has it all, good comedic performances, unique and likable characters, bone-jarring football sequences, a feel-good story albeit formulaic, pretty girls...what's not to like? If anything, I find it pretty trite that "serious" movie reviewers cut it down for being lightweight or not very original. It's a football movie with Keanu Reeves and 3 actors whose mainstay is comedy, cheerleaders recruited from a local strip club, were they expecting "Remember the Titans"? Rhys Ifans character, a loud-mouth Welsh soccer player, is smoking a cigarette while kicking a 65 yard field goal. If you want critically acclaimed, watch Citizen Kane, if you want a goofy football movie with some laughs and a rockin' soundtrack, try "The Replacements".
½ December 15, 2014
Probably Gene Hackman's weakest flick, but a young football fan basks in this practically-made-to-be-seen-on-cable-TV comedy.
November 12, 2014
November 6, 2014
by far the greatest sports movie of all time
September 3, 2014
One of the best football movies ever made. Makes you want to watch football again. Seen the movies countless times and its still great. Can't wait for the Blu-Ray of it to show up!!!
September 1, 2014
The outcome was predictable, but the whole film is better than what to expect from it when there's hilarity and a nice cast - Hackman and Reeves in the spotlight - performing well while both qualities were energizing the usual spirits (and showing signs of a nice heart) of a good sports flick. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
August 23, 2014
Yeah that's right, 4 stars. Shut up, its a guilty pleasure. Gotta love a movie with 20 different personalities, great soundtrack, stupid humor and an underdog to root for.
½ August 20, 2014
An interesting enough story for any sports fans to warrant a watch, but if you're looking to watch it on the basis this is a comedy then you'll be disappointed as the humour only really simmers throughout despite the fact all the characters are exaggerations of a reality.
August 10, 2014
excelente pelicula muy buena
August 9, 2014
I still like this movie. It's not quite as good as I remember, but still fun. It has a lot of unnecessary one-liners, and some characters just plain suck. The physical comedy is excellent, as is the soundtrack, and John Madden playing himself is hilarious. Keanu's love interest is still totally hot, and I still get goosebumps watching the scene with the two of them in her bar. So hot. Don't forget this movie, I sure won't.
½ July 24, 2014
(First viewing - Teen years)
½ July 20, 2014
Hackman is as classy as ever, Keanu doesn't mess it up, good supporting cast all make nice contributions.
½ June 22, 2014
This dramedy falls short, however there are some great moments, and it has a really good cast. Overall this is not as eventful as you may have expected and although there are some laughs in it The Replacement is not worth your time.