Replicant - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Replicant Reviews

October 9, 2016
Ridiculous premise, but Van Damme is surprisingly convincing in his polar performances, and as always his fight scenes are kinetic and fun.
October 6, 2016
Okay, so the story has a hokey premise and failed fully explore some potentially thought-provoking themes. Still, I think Van Damme's performance as both the Torch and the Replicant is vastly underappreciated.
January 13, 2016
One of JCVD's better movies
½ May 28, 2015
This movie isn't all that great, but seeing VD fighting himself is always worth your time.
November 24, 2014
I see alot of negative reviews and I scratch my head why? Van Damme delivers an exceptional performance with an original plot, you see a new side to his acting in this one! Wish he made more like this! Michael Rooker also surprised me, very aggressive and gritty in this one!
September 2, 2014
so cool best movie of al JCVD movies
½ July 3, 2014
A solid but unspectacular JCVD film that features an intriguing premise and a few fun fight scenes.
March 11, 2014
(54%)
decent entry into Van-Damme's strait-to-video movies, with a genuinely good sci-fi premise, as well as decent action sequences that are solidly done, especially given the quite low budget. It may lack a little big budget sheen, but the two leads (Rooker and Van-Damme) give a "can be bothered" performance which is something you don't often see in this end of the film industry.
March 1, 2014
Very disappointing, script is awful the fight scenes are just ok. Nothing new and quite pointless.
Van Damme wasn't too bad though.
January 14, 2014
Back in the early 2000 JCVD was trying a come back on the big sceen after years of dud and cocaine tabloids scandals. Here he portrays two different characters, the good & the bad one two twins one created to arrest the first one. It's quite ok as an action flick but it's nothing breathtaking. JCVD is pretty ok as usual too bad the film isn't trying to be more than just an honest B Movie...
½ January 1, 2014
1/1/2014: not too bad a movie. Some good action and JCVD did a good job acting.
January 1, 2014
It was okay, quite strange.
½ December 30, 2013
A strait to dvd that should of went to theaters. Van Damme in another dual role but as a psychotic killer and replicant. The plot was well written and the action was thrilling and Van Damme s acting was entertaining!
August 30, 2013
This really cracked me up. The legend that is Van Damme goes full retard and yet again plays his double. Rooker is the balls as the cop on the trail of the serial killing Belgian and his clone is comedy gold. The scene with the hooker had me on the floor. Some great action sequences from Ringo Lam and the text book splits from the master.
½ July 6, 2013
Uma ação misturada com um pouco de ficção cientifica embaraçosa, o desenvolvimento é precário até por que as características do clone são um pouco bizarras, o que atrapalha um pouco o sentido lógico, não ha muita emoção no ar, e a direção é omissa e distante.
December 7, 2012
Looks interesting will try to find and watch!
½ November 29, 2012
REPLI-CAN'T B A GOOD FILM - As seen on Telefutura, I knew I was watching something silly in between action scenes when I learned the plot was for the police to use a serial killer's clone find said serial killer. & even just the sight of the Millennium Films/ 777 pictures logo 2 start the movie had me cringe as I also suffered through "The Order." (But the studio redeems itself through "The Expendables" incidentally.) To summarize, watch the fighting scenes, & head to the kitchen or bathroom to avoid getting to know Torch's clone.
September 24, 2012
Weird movie but very different and a creative story once again kind of odd seeing van damme beat himself. LoL
½ September 9, 2012
Never thought I'd see the day where Jean Claude plays a bad guy....even if he's also playing a good guy in the same movie. This movie was better than I expected and Michael Rooker turned in a performance not seen since his role of Chick Ghandil in Eight Men Out.

This movie combined sci-fi, with drama, action and lust. I found it hard to hate Van Damme's heel character "The Torch" for it did seem like he was tortured as a child. As for his good guy role, he did a nice job of playing the dumb replica and Rooker was hilarious as his owner/mentor.

The ending was kind of dumb where he goes back to the prostitute because how was he going to live with no understanding of a job system, money or anything like that.

This movie wasn't like anything Van Damme has done before and it was original to see him play the heel for once.