Repossessed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Repossessed Reviews

February 4, 2016
It's a stupid, stupid movie, but enjoyable nonetheless. Oh, and cheers to Linda Blair.
August 19, 2015
With all crotch and breast grabbing jokes that occur, it still would not be worthy enough to be considered as a spoof of the Exorcist! What the hell was this supposed to be!?
July 31, 2015
This Exorcist spoof strains for an almost Naked Gun-like comedy status with its Leslie Nielsen cred, trying and failing to be funny.
March 31, 2015
One maybe two laughs but otherwise worthless.
March 6, 2015
"The Exorcist" is one of the greatest films of all time. "The Exorcist II: The Heretic" is one of the worst films of all time. Any other film bearing the "Exorcist" title (at least 3 or 4, I didn't bother counting) I haven't watched because II was enough. But...forgotten in the pantheon of films riding the coattails of that horror masterpiece is this "Airplane!"esque spoof of the whole thing. This film has a 0% rating, which I think is a little unfair. This film has some funny moments, but, like any "spoof" not directed by Jim Abrahams or at least one Zucker brother, it fails to come together into an entertaining "whole." Kudos to Linda Blair. At this point, numerous personal and professional difficulties (along with the moviegoing public being unable to see her as more than a vomit-spewing, spider-walking, backwards-talking devil-possessed teenage girl) had left her down and out in Hollywood. So she decides to star in a send up of the role that made her famous (and infamous). How very brave of her. She figured "I've got nothing to lose. I'll go for it." Admirable. And of course, Leslie Nielsen is the ONLY choice to spoof the "Exorcist" himself. Even in the worst "spoof," he managed to be a bright spot. Overall, not a bad little movie. Certainly better than "The Heretic.
½ July 18, 2014
I loved it for what it was ... a very shocking and strange bizarre and somewhat clever and funny spoof of an already bizarre and strange genre, in which there was a lot of very smarmy gags and stuff that went way over my head. Linda Blair gives the viewer a blurry sense of "is it a dream or is it reality" while The Priest is very classy and he never fudges a line or misses a trick. With the supporting characters all doing great work, back in 1990, that was rare. Sometimes people who are doing this kind of work will make the movie worse or cause problems. I am very very surprised at the kind of great things people will do in order to get some work done, I just don't get it. It's just a movie and the work done here was unreal but I don't think the same way as these guys or any movie guys, they do such a good quality job and for what??? it never ends. People breaking their necks for these "great works" and you see 12 year olds buying into it now, acting like a 37 year old at 11 years old. It's downright scary. But the movie was fun to look at but people who work in movies are scary and nuts...
February 21, 2014
Sporadically funny Exorcist spoof fails to fully take advantage of the wealth of spoof opportunities the original film has to offer. The opening sequence to "Scary Movie 2" is a marginally better example of an Exorcist parody done right. But it is fun to see Blair lampooning herself, and she certainly looks as though she enjoys doing it.
½ January 6, 2014
this is good if your into something thats gonna make you chuckle a little!! dont forget about it being dated. we are in 2014, this was 14 years ago...
November 17, 2013
It's been some time since Father Jebedaiah Mayii (Leslie Nielsen) exorcised the devil from little Nancy Aglet (Linda Blair), but now Nancy has grown up and has a family, the demon returns and repossesses Nancy. With Father Mayii unwilling to help, Father Luke Brophy tries his best to help Nancy, even when TV's Ernest Weller (Ned Beatty) plans to air the exorcism live on TV.

also stars Anthony Starke, Lana Schawb, Jesse Ventura, Thom Sharp, "Mean" Gene Okerlund and Army Archerd.

directed by Bob Logan.
April 20, 2013
A very entertaining spoof of The Exorcist!
½ April 12, 2013
Director Bob Logan Took The Exorcist & Tried To Make It Fun In This Disaster Of A Spoof. Lacking The Comedy Style Of The ZAZ Team. In 1973 Nancy Was Possessed As A Teen & Father Mayii Saved Her Soul. Now It's 1990 & Nancy Is About To Become Repossessed. The Direction Was Strangely Decent, But The Film Lacks In Jokes, Script & Acting. The Only Scene I Found Enjoyable Was The Exorcism Scene At The End Of The Movie As It Tries It's Hardest With Bad Jokes, Worth Seeing That In My Opinion.
March 8, 2013
Pretty funny part spoof, part sequel to the Exorcist. Blair returns as a mother now, but once again needing an Exorcist. The whole cast is here pretty good, especially Nielsen. There's a lot of name and word smith humor.

Example: as Nielsen teaches a class, a woman in the front row is hiking up her skirt. He tells he to please pull her dress back down, so she pulls the top down to show her boobs. Stupid humor, but funny.

The end features a funny theme song, and the commentary of Jesse Ventura and Mean Gene!!!
½ March 4, 2013
Ridiculously unfunny spoof of 'The Exorcist'.
February 2, 2013
Linda Blair stars as the happy-go-lucky housewife Nancy Aglet who falls back under the devil's spell and becomes REPOSSESSED! Now, Father Mayii must come back out of retirement if he hopes to save her soul for good. If you thought Elvira's puns were bad, you ain't seen nothing yet! REPOSSESSED hits the bottom of the barrel when it comes to horror comedies. It is an agonizingly unfunny spoof of THE EXORCIST that reaches for the same style of inane humor found in the AIRPLANE or THE NAKED GUN films, but comes up desperately short. Leslie Nielsen returns as another naive and nitwitted character, garnering very few laughs as he stumbles through one ill-conceived set-up after another. Director Bob Logan attempts to poke fun at everything from televangelists to fitness clubs(?), and can never seem to pick a solid direction for the film to follow. With nowhere left to go, we end on a televised exorcism which includes a musical number where Nielsen impersonates everyone from Michael Jackson to Elton John, badly. At least Linda Blair can take a joke as she playfully parodies herself as Nancy. All of the expected pea-spitting and head-spinning jokes remain faithfully intact, and as idiotic as it truly is, EXORCIST fans are sure to find some guilty pleasure in watching.

-Carl Manes
I Like Horror Movies
January 16, 2013
A pretty stupid comedy that is a spoof of the Exorcist and televangelism, Linda Blair plays a character similar to what she played as a child in the Exorcist. It's almost like dumber Naked Gun humor. Leslie Nielsen is funny as the preacher. The jokes in this movie are funny.A possessed Linda Blair going "lick me" as she is dressed like an ice cream cone is gold. There's also the expanding chest at the gym. Perhaps my favorite joke is when the father is trying to explain last names and the son aks about John Hancock. The thing that sucks about Repossessed is the production of it and how it clearly looks direct to video.
December 5, 2012
Expected a lot more from a Nielsen comedy especially lovijng most of the others had seen. Some cheap jokes and poor acting and set-pieces not much to like really.
June 18, 2012
84 minutes made to feel like 184...
April 20, 2012
typical Leslie Nielsen but hey it still makes me laugh and it's nice to see that Linda Blair is willing to laugh at herself.