Reptilian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Reptilian Reviews

August 7, 2013
the original Yongary was more fun
½ August 5, 2012
The film feels like a classic Japanese monster film, besides the horrible CGI and American actors. The acting is awful, the effects are bad, and the characters are boring. It takes a while for any monster action to start, and there just isn't much of it. It's hard to tell if this was suppose to be serious and a tribute. I won't say it's a horrible film, but it's not very good either. Incredibly cheesy though.
April 16, 2012
ummmmmm, i'm at a loss here. this may be the WORST movie ever put to the film. i examined it, this isn't a joke either. this movie didn't know it was full of laughable sets, CGI and acting. and i swear half of it is just helicopters and jets shooting a rediculous looking lizard. yet although it wasn't intended, i was laughing the entire first half of this movie. the 2nd half i was just dumbfounded. could such an atrocity be ACTUALLY put on the silver screen?? (well, straight to dvd anyways). reptilian has turned my world upsidown. also, for no reason there are alieans.
½ December 29, 2011
Ho-ly crap. Unbelievably, horrifically, unequivocally and irreversibly bad. I don't think they make strong enough words in the English language to really describe the depths of this thing. It is so bad, that its good, bad, good, and then bad again. Seriously.
½ December 8, 2011
August 29, 2011
The movie is practically bad but it is "So bad, it's Good!" This remake of the Kaiju classic Yongary is anything but a good film. But it is so fun! The bad "incomplete" CGI affects the movie greatly but it is better than a "too fake" monster film like Reptilicus. This is the type of movie that you would expect the Sci-fi channel to produce and this is how I watched it. It was a film with bad formula but that's what made this film good to watch. The formula is so bad that it eventually becomes amusing. I strongly believe that the Original 1999 cut is probably better than this cut, the 2001 Upgrade but we'll never know.
October 24, 2010
korea's answer to godzilla !!!! damm that monster looks bad .. not as bad as the monster in "the creeping terror" ..but still i rather watch this then the shitty american remake of godzilla anytime
½ October 18, 2010
Ho-ly crap. Unbelievably, horrifically, unequivically and irriversably bad. I don't think they make strong enough words in the english language to really describe the depths of this thing. It is so bad, that its good, bad, good, and then bad again. Seriously.
½ July 1, 2010
So bad it's... decent? Certainly not good but at least a fun watch.

This movie can't seem to decide where its taking place: the American southwest or South Korea (and that's a pretty big jump geographically). And the "special" effects are less believable than even the old school Yongary's!
½ December 8, 2009
Hes no Godzilla but it was an okay flick
not as good as GodZilla
but i thought it was alright
½ November 29, 2009
Really, really bad. Not in a campy, "isn't this hilariously awful" way. Grade-Z schlock from the director of "D-Wars." I feel a little ashamed even to be adding this.
November 29, 2009
Not a bad movie if you got nothing else to do.
½ November 29, 2009
If you're looking for a movie devoid of a single original idea, urine-grade CGI, wooden acting, and produced by people who never graduated from high school, you've found it.
½ November 29, 2009
"King Kong" this ain't. Wow, this movie sucks. And it sucks in a good way. This movie is absolutely terrible, from weak script to stiff cast to cheesy special effects (digital SFX, I might add). So bad that it makes "Godzilla vs the Sea Monster" seem Oscar-worthy. So bad, that it's impossible to take seriously, even when people die. So bad, it's good. If you love "Mystery Science Theatre 3000" you must see "Reptilian".
November 29, 2009
lmao its so bad... I laughed so hard.... From the aliens to that chick screaming. This movie really sucked... xDDDD
November 29, 2009
So bad it's great. Superior to the american Godzilla in every way, combining jetpacks, lots of building blowing up and the obligatory monster on monster fight. And the acting is (slightly) less wooden than Mathew Brodderick and that girl from Godzilla. Maybe not as good as the 70's japanese godzilla, but a perfectly good way to veg out in front of the tv for a couple of hours.
November 29, 2009
One of the best movie experiences I've ever had. This is the absolute definition of 'So bad it's good.' The trick is that in spite of its quite clearly atrocious special effects, plot, dialogue and possibly the worst acting I have ever seen in my life, it's rarely boring or irritating to watch, certainly less so than the deified Plan 9. Please, God, please get some friends together, track down a copy, and laugh your ass off.