Reptilicus Reviews

• Dec 03, 2018

Just as terrible as when I saw it as a kid. Makes Ed Wood look like George Lucas. The MST3K robots made watching it again bearable but just by a hair.

• May 19, 2018

horrific, but not for the story.

horrific, but not for the story.

• Jan 27, 2018

Not as bad as you might think. Acting ranges from wooden to mostly okay, at times surprisingly good. It is a rather awkward mixture of styles; a monster B-horror film with musical comedy and youthful romance thrown in. The elements do not work together and the film feels disjointed and sluggish. The monster is not particularly convincing for its time and the whole look of the film feels antiquated in retrospect. Visually, the film is weak, but sound mixing and music are used effectively to create suspense and provide a dynamic flow to the narrative. If you can suspend disbelief, the ending grows up into a thrilling finale accompanied by decent performances. Avoid the dubbed version at all cost.

Gimly M Super Reviewer
    Sep 08, 2017

I could hang that poster on my wall, but the movie itself I'd prefer to just literally hang. Special thanks to director Ib Melchior though for having a rad name I stole to give to a Chaos Sorcerer.

• Jul 10, 2017

Terrible effects and stock/recycled footage. Only thing they did the whole movie was battle an unmemorable battle with a giant reptile, didn't entertain me. Also a complete ripoff of Godzilla.

• Jun 08, 2017

Oh lord! Who is this guy in the overalls??? He's a fascinating disaster. The rest of the movie is just a disaster.

• May 16, 2017

The special effects are just so godawful. This is another Mystery Science Theatre option, though, which makes the film that much more enjoyable in it's awfulness.

• May 08, 2017

It's good in a really bad sort of way. I loved how everyone seems to think this a serious movie and that it's not really bad.

• May 02, 2017

I watched this recently on Netflix's revival of Mystery Science Theatre. Paraphrasing the best line as Reptilicus attacks Copenhagen: How do we stop him? We feed him a massive amount of drugs. How do we do it? We feed him Keith Richards.

• Apr 29, 2017

feels more like a promotional film for Danish tourism and Danish armed forces and not even a fun monster movie to begin with. the only good part is when Reptilicus destroyed the farmer family. good stuff