Requiem for a Dream - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Requiem for a Dream Reviews

February 13, 2017
A very sad, and perhaps stereotypical view of the drug world, but overall I felt connected to the characters. Some great acting, and definitely gives you a rush, although the comedown is a little bleak. maybe that was the point. overall I liked it, but a re-watch isn't necessary ... but I probably will, if I get the craving .
February 13, 2017
This shocking film tell us a story about people, who want their wishes come true. They can pay a lot to get this what they want.
½ February 11, 2017
what a movie!! absolutely mind blowing experience...
February 10, 2017
A beautiful, disgusting, masterpiece sure to leave one with a sickening feeling in their stomach.
Grade: A+
February 7, 2017
Disturbing, messed up and beautifully made. Requiem for a Dream was definitely one of a kind with great cinematography.
February 7, 2017
This is a hard-hitting film about drugs and addiction - you have been warned! It is not an easy ride.
February 2, 2017
Requiem for a Dream throws us into the pit of addiction and in the driver's seat of the deeply tragic characters.
January 31, 2017
O filme todo, emulando um "barato" constante, é como uma daquelas fabulosas campanhas antidrogas dos anos 90. Erguido num exagero dramático de eficácia patética.
½ January 26, 2017
Where did Aronofsky get all this madness from?!

No one ever knows when or where they're going to hit rock-bottom. No one knows whether they're going to get to a breaking point or not. This movie left me with dreading these moments; i don't want to be in these people's shoes EVER! especially Sara Goldfarb, though i don't seem too far away from where she started her down-the-hill journey.. I pray i never reach the same destination she ended up at.
January 19, 2017
This is a great film. The first 45 minutes is quite shot, but after that this film is amazing! Very weird film but loved it!
January 17, 2017
Great movie, but one you will not bear to watch again. However, the film is spectacularly directed and will stay with you for a long time after the credits roll.
January 17, 2017
A devastating, beautiful, and relentlessly despairing tragic nightmare that is the cinematic equivalent of Murphy's Law. It's also gut-wrenching, depressing, disturbing, moving, horrifying, and darkly funny. I'm surprised by how many people say they'll only watch this once. It never gets old, and I am affected by every viewing. Everything about this film is amazing - the acting, direction, editing, score, cinematography, writing, and story come together to make a technical masterpiece and a unique visual and aural experience. All the actors are excellent but Ellen Burstyn is heartbreaking - her incredible performance was robbed at the Oscars.

My favorite film.
January 15, 2017
Amazing film. The cast does a great job especially Ellen Burstyn, its directed and edited perfectly, and the soundtrack is absolutely fantastic. It's haunting and disturbing, but impossible to look away from. It's basically the ultimate anti drug movie.
January 8, 2017
Visceral, inventive, hallucinatory, and downright terrifying. Darren Aronofsky has made something that is objectively compelling. This is strong Gen X filmmaking that also plays host to one of the strongest performances of modern cinema: Ellen Burstyn's transformative performance as Sara Goldfarb.
January 6, 2017
Words cant describe feelings I relive every time I watch Requiem For a Dream.
January 4, 2017
Emotionally disturbing but filled with excellent performances. Requiem For A Dream is a terrifying and realistic look at the scary mind of a drug addict that will get deeply under your skin until the last frame of this film.
January 2, 2017
The most depressing movie I have ever seen.
½ December 30, 2016
Pretty Good = 3.5/5

Though I found it hard to watch at times, due to the sick and uneasy feeling it constantly left in my stomach, "Requiem for a Dream" is a very well made, thought provoking film, with some fantastic performances by its cast.
½ December 28, 2016
Remarkable drug movie that you will remember.
December 27, 2016
Best drug movie ever...
Darren Aronofsky is a genius...