Rescue in the Philippines - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rescue in the Philippines Reviews

June 18, 2014
i am proud to be filipino
September 16, 2013
A harrowing yet inspiring film. This is a piece of WWII history I was completely unaware of. Manuel Quezon is like a Filipino Schindler
½ April 9, 2013
"The people of the Philippines will have in the future every reason to be glad that when the time of need came, their country was willing to extend a hand of welcome."
--- Philippine President Manuel L. Quezon.

When I was younger, the Holocaust had always seemed solely confined to Europe, something that happened so far away and so long ago. But as I grew older and learned more about the war especially on the Pacific side, I also became pretty familiar with Mr. Schindler's heroism during the Holocaust but it had often crossed my mind what actions the Philippines had taken in regards to the Holocaust, if any at all. I'm incredibly surprised and proud that our little island nation, or rather the current president then, had chosen to extend a helping hand. It warms my heart to watch this documentary and I'm glad the story has finally come to light, I only wished my dad had lived long enough to learn of this too because he was such a huge World War II buff and I believe, like then President Quezon stated, it would have made him proud.
March 30, 2013
This is interesting!
March 26, 2013
I had the opportunity to review this film before its release. It is compelling and well done, and it focuses on a chapter of history few people have heard before. Well done!