The Rescuers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Rescuers Reviews

½ August 21, 2015
Re-watching another Disney classic again and this one still manages to hold up on its own even in 2015!
½ July 28, 2015
The Rescuers is a fair attempt to rescue the magic of the classic Disney films, but failed to deliver what made the classics a success
April 12, 2015
I really like this movie but, its pretty forgettable. It's not really written well and kind boring at some points. but there are some good stuff, like the animation is good and I like are two main characters Miss Bianca and Bernard. But it's not up to par with the other Disney movies but, its worth one watch.
March 28, 2015
I forgot how much I loved this movie! I used to love this movie as a kid and revisited this movie on Netflix. Bianca and Bernard are one of Disney's greatest characters and make a great team. Penny is sooo cute and not annoying like some Disney kids. Medusa is a good villain that is not too scary but just whacky. All the other animals are really funny and the animation still holds up well. The songs are dated but still fun, great movie for kids to watch. Very underrated, share it with everyone!
March 26, 2015
Save the children, little mouse friends.
½ March 13, 2015
The Rescuers boasts beautiful animation and a good voice cast, especially the adorable Michelle Stacy as the voice of Penny. However, the characters are underdeveloped and uninteresting, the story's pacing is awkward and broken at times, and the music may be the worst in Disney Animation history. However, at a time in Disney's weakest era, The Rescuers stands out as passably enjoyable and one worth revisiting years later, if only for nostalgic reasons.
½ February 17, 2015
The animation is good, but the whole story is incredibly silly and most of the characters are absolutely forgettable, making this one a pretty weak film :$
½ February 11, 2015
Based on a popular children's book series, The Rescuers is an odd but entertaining adventure. The story follows a pair of mice from the Rescue Aid Society who are sent to help a little girl named Penny who's been kidnapped. It's a rather ugly and gritty looking film; set in grungy cities and swamps. However, Bob Newhart and Eva Gabor bring a lot of charisma to their roles and are able to lighten things up with some much needed comedy. And, the music does a good job at softening up the mood and adding some sweetness to the characters. The Rescues is an unconventional Disney film and has its share of problems, yet there's also a bit charm to it.
January 20, 2015
It wasn't bad per say but it definently not good either. I honestly don't have that much of an opinion on it.
December 2, 2014
Looking back at this movie and taking into account all of its colorful characters and devil-may-care fun, it's startling to realize just how frightening, dark and deeply disturbing this venture really is, making a post-adolescent viewing all the more rewarding.
November 16, 2014
Much better than it's sequel and stands alone well even without the comparison.
Rescuers does the company proud, even during a rough patch.
November 12, 2014
Disney's only hit from 1967 to 1989, the Rescuers present the past (Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston) and the Future (Glen Keane, Ron Clements, Don Hahn) and combines the two to work beautifully. This film truly does not get the credit it deserves, especially given that this was the only successful Disney Animated Film in the 1970's.
November 9, 2014
- This is the weakest Disney animated film for me. The animation isn't great in my opinion, and I didn't love the story. Skip it!

- Didn't like this one at all, from the animation to the voice acting, nothing in it worked for me.
November 8, 2014
Disney Does Bakshi. Four years and $8 million spent on an underdeveloped story an animation that takes its sues from Wizards. This mess scored big at the box office, but could not stop that big fall that would come after the release of The Black Cauldron in 1979. For Disney completists only.
October 22, 2014
"TWO MICE AT DEVIL'S BAYOU"

- 'The Rescuers' is a 1977 animation film produced by Walt Disney Productions and one of my all time favorites. The story of this film is based on the books of Margery Sharp. It brings the heartwarming story of two mice that travel to a dangerous swamp to save a kidnapped little girl. I absolutely love the characters and the feel-good humor that they bring. Pure nostalgia and a definite must-see for every child. A sequel followed in 1990, in which the mice travel Down Under to rescue a boy.

When the Rescue Aid Society, an international group of mice that gather at the United Nations, find a bottle containing a plea for help from a kidnapped little girl named Penny, the Hungarian representative Bianca volunteers to save her and chooses the RAS janitor Bernard to help her. Visiting the Orphanage where the girl was last seen, they learn from an old cat named Rufus, that Penny could have been taken by Madam Medusa, owner of the local Pawn Shop. The mice travel to that location where they overhear the horrible woman talking to her associate Mr. Snoops, who holds Penny at Devil's Bayou where she must find the largest diamond in the world.
August 24, 2014
Has the same type of praising of the previous animated features started from "One Hundred and One Dalmatians," but mostly on the animation and the heart than the voice acting in this particular charming classic. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
½ August 14, 2014
Not bad, but Penny is annoying and it's completely overshadowed by its sequel.
July 28, 2014
A little boring but is still a sweet story with a nice voice cast!
July 28, 2014
Just deadly dull with a faaar over drawn out plot and characters I didn't really care about. Though it was perhaps equally empty emotionally the sequel Rescuers Down Under at least gets props for being gorgeous and entertaining. This one mostly takes place in a swamp.
July 13, 2014
Such a lovely classic. And the kids really loved the mice.