Resident Evil: Degeneration - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Resident Evil: Degeneration Reviews

½ May 17, 2014
I watched this film yesterday and it has to be one of the most boring movies I've ever sat through. I was impressed the CG is so close to the games, and pleased that a certain character in red didn't show up, though other than that there aren't many redeeming qualities. The zombie shoot-out felt rushed to make room for a biohazard threat that ultimately topped in a puss-out moment, the characters speak more like robots than human beings and most of the film felt like it was being dragged out to fill time. Starting to understand why it was in a dollar store's movie bin.
March 30, 2014
It's a good animated flick, but why does Leon look all fucked up? I know that isn't very poetic..... But it ruined the film for me!
March 14, 2014
I thought this was a great movie. Great characters and even a few funny scenes here and there.
March 13, 2014
Feels exactly like the games. Creepy as hell with dialogue delivered like a Saturday morning cartoon.
March 8, 2014
Awesome!!!! Everything in this movie was great unlike the other resi movies which sucked so bad. Leon and Claire reunited kicking zombie ass xD
February 21, 2014
Better than any Milla Jovovich films.
January 29, 2014
Great movie and one of only 2 good Resident Evil movies in existence. The live action movies can go eat a dick.
½ January 8, 2014
Fans of the video games will get the most out of this. Introduces the G-Virus, not yet seen in the live-action movies.
½ January 5, 2014
This is a great 2008 animated horror movie! The animated looks so real! I am glad that Claire and Leon reunited since Resident Evil 2 video game 7 years ago fighting the same type of monster and trying to destroy the G-virus once and for all.
December 14, 2013
The best of all the Resident Evil films, but not as fun as when you can play Resident Evil.
½ December 2, 2013
Not bad computer graphics, but story is the same and you have to be a fan of the game to really appreciate watching a computer generated movie. I thought it was ok, don't really need to watch it.
October 30, 2013
I thought it was a decent movie it was kind of cool how it was like the game. And the fact that they brought the G-Virus in the movie
September 8, 2013
This has some of the better horror elements from Resident Evil that i've seen put to film and plays very faithful to the games. A good solid story, well worth your time.
August 11, 2013
truly worthy of the resident evil name as it follows the games plot that I love!
½ July 1, 2013
Not bad at all. Mighty predictable, incredibly implausible in many places, but a fun movie.

If only Leon's face was a tad more expressive.
½ May 28, 2013
I thought it was cool but im a nerd. I found the cg animation to be pretty impressive and there are moments in the movie that look like you could pick up your ps3 controller and start playing. I thought that was cool. The mouths dont move well to the words but you get used to it after the first twenty minutes.
April 26, 2013
Love it, love it, love it!!!!!!
½ April 9, 2013
a must have for fans of the game, and much easier to digest than any of the live action films, Degeneration is one of the best video game adaptations made because it doesnt get tied up in explaining itself.
March 2, 2013
Lovely animation..Claire and Leon...nostalgia of Resident Evil 2 the video game..Leon S Kennedy is the MAN..Check out this movie!!!
½ February 3, 2013
Nothing spectacular, but it has a thicker, and more interesting plot, than the live action films. The CGI is alright but lacks texture. The characters are a bit bland, the action scenes are decent but the story gets a bit slow and the ending drags on a bit too long. There's nothing too notable about this film, but it still can be enjoyable for the fans, and it gives the game franchise a decent tie-in film.