Resident Evil: Retribution Reviews
I expected this to be another fun "guilty pleasure" action movie set in one of my favorite franchises in the video game world, sadly it is an utter disappointment.
A pesar de las críticas, ha sido una de mis favoritas de toda la saga.
La banda sonora hace de esta película, algo demasiado entretenido y épico de ver.
Estoy listo para el capítulo final.
Retribution brings back some familiar faces including Michelle Rodriguez and Oded Fehr but their parts are wasted and pointless. With an overdose of CGI, explosions and mutated monsters, you wonder what's the point of it all? Yes, Retribution can draw parallels to a video game format where the protagonist has to make it through levels but....so what? Whats, the, point!?
Paul W.S. Anderson has been at the helm of some entertaining features however one can't help but feel that he fell asleep behind the wheel of Retribution or got really lazy. I'm not sure even the most die-hard resident evil fans would be giving this two thumbs up. This is one to miss.
- Um. According to the recap, I think I missed one. :(
- Mental note: pennies in shotguns work better than lead shot. At least when she uses them against aircraft.
- Holy crap, Milla's a mom. All kinds of hot. Still wicked capable as she saves her kid from the flesh-eating horde.
- Yes! Michelle Rodriguez. Shit's getting real now.
- Now Milla's naked with just a sheet. A very small sheet. And also in an Umbrella Corp cell. I'm very confused.
- Due to a computer malfunction, she's now dressed in leather & metal. Seems like we've started like a traditional video game.
- Including that wicked awful laser grid that dices humans.
- Using a chain w/padlock as a kusarigama, kicking an ejected magazine into a zombie's head. This is how an Alice do.
- New player: Ada. Always has one very svelte leg showing in her exquisite red dress.
- It's hammer guy and his awful twin brother! How can so many bullets to the head have so little effect?
- So...Leather & Metal clad Alice is looking at the dead Milla-as-a-mom. Surreal.
- Spoken to the gun-toting Michelle Rodriguez casually lounging in the swingset: "There's a child here!" Drolly, Michelle replies "Your problem. Not mine."
- Ewww. Also, Alice just saved her extraction team's bacon. With a blinged out Rolls Royce Phantom sporting spinners.
- Oh damn. Ugly's back. The entire subway system falling on top of him just kinda stunned him a bit.
- If there's anything I've learned from video games, it's to never stand near a barrel of anything in a firefight. Morons.
- That's...that's a warehouse of people. Or "test subjects."
- Oh damn. Ugly's back. The entire clip of bullets fired into his exposed brain just kinda stunned him a bit.
- That is a lot of zombies. Like, masses of legionous hordes.
30% is too much positive reviews on this.
I don't know why most people i know would attempt to like this!
Resident Evil was bearable,
Resident Evil Apocolypse was slight and worth fun,
Resident Evil Extinction shake too much,
Resident Evil Afterlife was the best sequel,
But This would have been fair if they replaced Jovovich into Scarlett Johanson,
Jovovich is an appalling actress. It's The Worst Of The Worst Resident Evils.