Residue Reviews

• Apr 02, 2019

I'm not completely sure what just transpired and I can't find anyone, anywhere, who can explain the plot in detail. It's about a father who stumbles upon a mystic supernatural book that really affects it's readers and puts them in danger (I think). The only way to survive is to get through the whole book, but that's a challenge due to the evil hallucinations and nightmare sequences. Yet the father and his daughter both end up finishing the book and surviving, long enough to get a nice reward for their efforts, at the end. Unfortunately I can't get into it in any more depth than that. The acting isn't great (as expected, it's an indie) but overall the movie works and is pretty interesting. The score is really really good and definitely adds to the atmosphere. The hallucinations are pretty creepy so there's tension for the plot. I think I would recommend it especially for horror fans who have seen everything and are hence forced to go to indies for their horror fix.

• May 05, 2018

Very good film. Not the greatest but one that stands out from the majority as one that would definitely develope as a cult classic.

• May 05, 2018

I was lucky enough to see a screening at Seattle Crypticon. Great unique movie. I highly recommend.

• Feb 02, 2018

A great setup that looks like it's going somewhere mind-bending and interesting, which trips into a hole of out-of-place sentimentality and then spins its wheels there in lieu of a climax.

• Jan 31, 2018

I watched this movie with my friend, and I gotta say it captured me every moment, carried all the way through very well, highly entertaining, Im not surprised if this becomes a huge cult classic, should have been in the theatres.

• Jan 21, 2018

An ambitious story, that has it's flaws, but overall I really enjoyed it!

An ambitious story, that has it's flaws, but overall I really enjoyed it!

• Jan 19, 2018

Fun, action thriller noir with some well done practical effects and a fantastic casting. Very unique film and fun to watch.

• Jan 18, 2018

Residue is a tour de force in indie creature feature horror, with dazzling practical effects that will have you screaming for more! RESIDUE!

• Jan 18, 2018

Creepy story, tense atmosphere, and a great cast. Taylor Hickson is incredibly talented; expect to see her in more movies. If movies like Residue and The Mummy have taught us anything, it is to not read from old, scary-looking books.

• Jan 17, 2018

James Clayton is one heck of an actor.I enjoyed the movie very much.To quote Michael Caine ""You will always see the best acting in a low budget movie.The actors put everything into telling the story........In big budget movies,the actors only have to say the lines and $100 million dollars in special effects makes them look good.""