Restitution - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Restitution Reviews

½ December 26, 2013
Maybe on of the worst movies I have ever seen. Looking at some of the names in the movie I thought it would be OK. It was sooooo bad. I think the actors just took the job to get a paycheck. HORRIBLE.
December 10, 2013
Not good at all. Production - it must have been a very, very low budget. Me. Bierlein, your talents lie elsewhere, but not as an actor. The other actors in this film must have really needed a job. Sorry to be so brutal.
½ July 28, 2013
The audience reviews seemed to either love it or hate it, so I gave a watch. Wish I hadn't. It was the most pathetically bad movie I have ever seen. Horrible plot, script, acting, effects, and the twists that some audience reviewers liked so much were so obvious as to be nonexistent. It was so terrible that even Mystery Science Theater's robots would have just groaned! Save your time and pass this one by.
October 27, 2012
Tom Arnold should have been my first clue this movie would suck.
½ October 22, 2012
SOMEONE PAID MONEY TO MAKE THIS?
½ September 21, 2012
Disgracefully abysmal on all levels. Everyone involved should hang their heads in shame and never speak of this film again.
September 17, 2012
really guys, i've seen high school drama productions with better acting than this.
June 6, 2012
Greatest suspense. Time well spent
May 17, 2012
One of the best action, suspense movies of 2011 !!!
April 16, 2012
I absolutely loved this movie.
January 20, 2012
Like a poor quality home movie. No clue why I stayed with it. Mark, the producer, star reminded me of a Kevin Costner wannabe. Almost. The entire movie was an 'Almost'. Sooooooo bad.
January 18, 2012
This "film" is not even good enough to make it as a TV movie. It just seems like a pet project for Mark Bierlein who wrote, produced oh and yes starred as Alex Forrester.
One year after a PI Bryan Sparks apparently murders a group of people then commits suicide Forrester arrives in town claiming to be a writer investigating why this seemingly placid man suddenly turned into a psychotic murderer.
The story takes you along his investigation interacting with Bryan's ex Heather(Suvari) & business Father & son George & John(Sadler & Howell) and a over the top neighbour Tom(Arnold)
So, one thing, without dropping a huge spoiler is that you quite clearly know what is going on with Alex.
The gunfights in this movie are just so amateur it's unbelievable. For all it's known players the acting is overwhelming the lax. if you don't pick up the obvious here stick to rom-coms.
An awful 90 odd minutes with absolutely no upside.
½ January 4, 2012
It's okay. Nice that it was shot in Detroit
½ November 27, 2011
Incredibly cheesy, terrible sound score, acting so bad I thought it was supposed to be a spoof.
November 22, 2011
hmmm the story was weak the plot was kinda silly but it had some action which is always good but some of it looked fake but it was an alright movie
November 20, 2011
From the implausible story to the most incredibly bad acting, this movie is definitely on my list of the worst ever. Their is not one redeemable moment of value in presentation and I honestly have never felt so robbed of time in my life. Stay away from this one!
½ November 20, 2011
'k Heb het 15 minuten gegeven :-p
½ November 17, 2011
Gets worse by the second.
November 8, 2011
If you want to see a great independent murder mystery, I would highly recommend this film! It's a well made piece with the director's use of sharp angles and well-edited scenes. Mena Suvari plays a beautiful young woman with a troubled past that makes a connection to the main character that keeps you hooked throughout the film!!
November 8, 2011
What a twist! The mysterious background. The hilarious remarks. The entire set-up. Thie indie has the potantial of an original Hollywood Blockbuster. Well done.