Retake Reviews

• Jul 07, 2019

I loved it. There were times that it had me on the edge of my seat in fear that one of the main characters was going to "lose it", and that it would turn violent; but it never did and the ending kind of sad but beautiful.

• Feb 04, 2018

This movie is mostly good. Could have been better. There's a little bit of 'crazy' happening here. A hooker and a john go on a road trip. Makes for a good premise. There's a little Pretty Woman mixed with some Groundhog Day mixed with some American Psycho. There's so much going on mentally and emotionally but just as you start getting the feelz ,it all gets cut short or stunted so that you can't really feel too much for either of these guys. All in all, not a bad flick. Would make a great "What Not To Do" training video, though, if you're planning on going into the hustler business.

• Jan 29, 2017

Many years ago a well-acted "alternative lifetstyle" movie with a great score, called Making Love, suffered from the bias of the day, as mainstream audiences were not only sparse, but in far too great a number walked out of the theater with a look of "yuk" or an "ewwww" when the scenes showed gay intimacy or suggestions of gay sex. The subject matter and delicately tastefully presented gay intimacy in this movie, also quite well-acted and executed, are likely to hold back its commercial success. Perhaps audiences wont walk out in this politically correct day and age, at least in big cities where it might be shown, but I suspect the public at large is still not quite fully ready for such topics or scenes. I dearly hope I am wrong, because RETAKE is so well paced and acted and filmed and presented in just a "good movie" sense, it would be a shame to miss it for any reason at all.

• Jan 22, 2017

Contrived was how I was feeling about this film while I was watching then about midway through I started caring about the characters and their relationship or lack therefore. And by the end I was involved and really affected by it.

• Jan 10, 2017

Brilliantly acted - erotically charged despair with tinges of hope. Lurve Tuc Watkins.

• Sep 11, 2016