Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis Reviews

November 30, 2011
one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever seen. It was an insult to the original film, and shouldn't have deviated from the original formula. It resembled resident evil, which also sucked, far too much.
½ November 16, 2011
Definitely put an end to the "Return Of The Living Dead" franchise. Bad Movie!
½ October 22, 2011
This suck big time!
I like the first three ROTLD but this one is so horrible!!
October 7, 2011
I will give them credit for have a few references to the films from he beginning. I will also give them credit for making cool zombies. I will then give one more piece of credit to the fact that they referenced an old joke from the first movie. But that is it. Other than that, the movie was not that good. The first half of the film was just boring with bad dialog. The second half had the action and it was decent. The story made sense, but was not really focused on in the movie. One thing that really made me mad as a person who loves zombies. The zombies in this film could be killed by getting shot in the chest. That ruins the whole thing. Now they did have different type of zombies. Ones that were bitten were really smart, could even talk if they were only bitten a little. Then you have stupid zombies. Then there is another type of zombie that does not make sense at all, but you will have to watch the movie to see them. The cast was half and half. Some could act, others needed to die sooner in the film. I love the Return of the Living Dead movies and this one was not a good add on to the others.
½ September 24, 2011
Pretty formulaic edition to the series that lacks the originality or the laughs of the previous three.
September 13, 2011
I really couldn't expect the series to get worse than Return Of The Living Dead 3, so I gave this one a chance... Boy was I surprised! Necropolis is an atrocious product of bad acting, a horrific plot and lame comedy tid-bits which make the film a bigger joke! Pass on this, what we once loved from the series has dissapeared!
September 10, 2011
Not nearly as bad as it was made out to be but it's still subpar.
½ September 3, 2011
Piece of crap that should have never been made.
July 4, 2011
Bad just bad,bad,bad!
June 2, 2011
This movie was so bad, I lost in interest in it halfway through when it aired on the SciFi Channel. It almost seems like the words "A SciFi Channel original movie" serves as a mark of death to a franchise, I mean, look what they did to Robocop. I'm a huge fan of older horror movies from directors like Romero and Raimi, and Tobe Hooper, so naturally, the original Return of the Living Dead was one of my favorites. I thought the second one was absolutely dreadful but I didn't think the third was terrible, just a very watered down plot. When I heard they were make Necropolis and Rave From The Grave, I thought, "Man maybe they'll finally make a great sequel again but I was wrong. None of the rules from Return of the Living Dead are here, the characters are unbearable, unlikeable, two-dimensional, and overly cliche', but worst of all the story, plot, and dialogue are just insanely horrible, a hallmark of a SciFi Channel movie. It just amazes me because I didn't think it could get any worse than the second one but these two take the cake for terrible sequels. If you like Return of the Living Dead, then enjoy Return of the Living Dead and just ignore it's sequels.
½ May 24, 2011
A real insult to fans of the original "Return of the living dead". I don't even think the filmmakers were even fans of the first movie. nothing about this movie is enjoyable, the characters are just as one-dinemsional as the kids on Scooby Doo, the script was poorly written, and the effects were cheap as hell. How this and its sequel, "Rave From The Grave" managed to attract Peter Coyote I have no idea!
½ May 14, 2011
I really, really, really don't want to watch Rave to the Grave.
May 14, 2011
Starring Peter Coyote as "Fire Marshall Bill."
½ April 12, 2011
Meh... the series is dropping.
½ March 4, 2011
this was such a dumb movie with horrble over the top acting and a nothing out of the normal same ole crappy zombie movie story line.... but it was awesome!!! the special effects surprised me how good they were. the action and violence does not dissapoint
½ February 28, 2011
The undead as a military bio-weapon! They become.....the terminator!
½ October 21, 2010
Terrible, haha! I think they should have just called it Necropolis and dropped the Return of the Living Dead in the title, cause it's complete trash compared to the first three.
October 16, 2010
Embarrassingly awful sequel that could only air on the SyFy channel.
½ September 26, 2010
Since when were Trioxin's effects instantaneous?
½ August 6, 2010
This entry in the Return of the Living Dead series wants to become something more than a mere sequel by projecting itself into a future in which zombies have been contained by the intervention of a particular company--for a better version of the same story, see the film Fido. Hence, Return of the Living Dead plays as a dystopian future in which zombies have been eradicated but are secretly being used to develop super weapons by the US military. Of course, our old friend Trioxin manages to get released and infect everyone. Necropolis is an entertaining but stupid and ultimately unnecessary film.