Return from Witch Mountain Reviews

• Dec 08, 2019

When I first saw I thought it's going to be good but I give an almost an OK rating because I kind of don't like the story the way the villains controlling tony and all that.

• Dec 24, 2015

I'm a very safe driver. Tia and Tony return to Earth with their magic powers. They are warned to be conservative with their time on Earth, but they go exploring and the brother is kidnapped by an evil scientist with ill intentions for Tony. Tia will work with a group of children to find her bother. "My experiments are more important than the law." John Hough, director of American Gothic, Howling IV, Bad Karma, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, The Incubus, The Watchers in the Woods, and The Legend of Hellhouse, delivers Return to Witch Mountain. The storyline for this picture was average but entertaining but the special effects were very dated and clumsy. The acting was awesome and the cast includes Christopher Lee, Bettie Davis, Kim Richards, Jack Soo, and William Bassett. "You want me to break somebody's legs, you just tell me how many parts." I recently came across this on cable and had to DVR it. I enjoyed watching it unfold and was really entertained by Davis and Lee. They played off each other well. I wouldn't say this is a great movie. But it is worth watching once. This is worth a viewing now and again with your kids. "You can't be tough and educated too!" Grade: C

• Nov 07, 2015

This sequel to the classic "Escape to Witch Mountain" is kind of a step down from the original and feel more like the quality of Disney quickie films of the 70s (i.e. "The North Avenue Irregulars" or "The Million Dollar Duck"). But in the plus column, you do get some solid new villains wanting to exploit Tony and Tia's powers, played Bette Davis and Christopher Lee (who also have creepy character actor Anthony James as their henchman). The baddies capture Tony, so Tia hooks up with some 1970s style street toughs who call themselves The Earthquake Gang to help save Tony. It's all pretty silly, but it does manage to be entertaining. "Barney Miller" regular Jack Soo has a funny supporting part as truancy officer chasing down the kids to get them back in school, but the most surprising part of the school that tI liked was the funky Lalo Schifrin score. Not a classic, but entertaining.

• Oct 31, 2015

Good villains, odd plot. Great 70s soundtrack though.

Good villains, odd plot. Great 70s soundtrack though.

• Oct 19, 2015

big stars help this sequel rise above the first outing

big stars help this sequel rise above the first outing

• Oct 06, 2015

While it was great to see Tommy & Tia return, it came at a time when the Disney Studios were struggling to find a vision. Several great actors (who may not have really understood the original) seem to have only shown up to collect a check. What could have easily turned into a 5 film franchise is given a merciless death.

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Apr 19, 2014

Tony and Tia are back for more fantastical adventures in Return From Witch Mountain. While visiting Pasadena Tony is abducted and brainwashed by a scientist in order to use his telepathic powers for evil, meanwhile his sister Tia befriends a local street gang who offer to help her find her brother. Christopher Lee and Bette Davis co-star and make for an interesting pair of villains. Additionally, the film is fairly good at creating stakes and bringing an element of danger to the telepathic powers. Fun and exciting, Return From Witch Mountain is an impressive sequel that's better than the original.

• Aug 24, 2013

Pretty much more of the same, as the kids are older now, and better actors, and they return to Earth for a vacation and someone get mixed up with the one man on the planet looking to make mind control a moneymaker. Well, naturally he finds the boy and uses him for his tests. This time the villains are played by bigger names, Lee and Davis, but they are hamming it up pretty badly here. Davis' teeth are the scariest thing in the movie: they are so yellow I thought she had a gold grill going!!! Like I said, the kid actors, as the girl finds a bunch of local street rats to help her find her brother, are much improved here. As are the special effects, as I didn't see any wires this time. The spaceship looked awful, but the 'fixing the van' scene was pretty impressive. These films were just not for me. I'd much rather see more of their kind on Witch Mountain, or wherever they keep going back to in the end.

• Feb 24, 2013

Classic Disney live action. Plus Bette Davis still creeps me out.

Classic Disney live action. Plus Bette Davis still creeps me out.

• Jan 14, 2013

This is a sequel to Escape To Witch Mountain. Very loose and predictable. Christopher Lee and Bette Davis play the antagonist characters. About two young boy and girl from outer space with extraordinary psychic powers - who get trapped in the net of opportunists like Lee and Bette.