Return of Sabata (1972)

Return of Sabata (1972)

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Return of Sabata Photos

Movie Info

In this Spaghetti western, a quick-drawing, steel-eyed ex-Confederate soldier rides into a Texas town with a small travelling circus. It isn't long before the vet ends up embroiled in corruption and double-crosses as he fights to save the townsfolk from the greedy, corrupt politician.
Action & Adventure , Classics , Western

Vittorio Fanfoni
as Blonde Irishman
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for Return of Sabata

There are no critic reviews yet for Return of Sabata. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for Return of Sabata

160807: I was hoping the return of Lee Van Cleef to the Sabata Trilogy was going to mean a decent film. Nope, probably the weakest of the three. Weak enough that I really don't have anything else to say.

John Redshaw
John Redshaw

Just as good as the first movie and the plot is just as confusing. If you are going to enjoy this movie you have to appreciate an american west that is part hollywood, part italian. Spaghetti westerns are like godzilla: american/hollywood producers working with people in a foreign country who know little about what they, the americans, are talking about and have little interest in the subjects that the films are about. The films are purely for export purposes and the combination of someone making something she/he has no knowledge or interest in with a knowing guiding hand produced something that seems unusual and fresh. So I guess one of hollywood's little experiments finally worked.

Naomi Gonzalostein
Naomi Gonzalostein

We don't like strangers with tough talk Sabata arrives in Hobsonville to find a town run by Joe McIntock, a notoriously ruthless robber. A young man teams with Sabata to help him rob McIntock and potentially rescue the village. With a goal that worthwhile, how could things go wrong? "It belongs to pickles." Gianfranco Parolini, director of Sabata, Adios Sabata, Giant of the 20th Century, Left Handed Johnny West, 3 Avengers, Mission to Hell, The Ten Gladiators, and 79 AD, delivers Return of Sabata. The storyline for this picture is fairly standard for the western genre. The action is excellent, the script is clever, and the cast delivers better than average performances. The cast includes Lee Van Cleef, Giampiero Albertini, and Reiner Schone. "Don't try fooling around. I've had enough exercise." My wife and I are huge Lee Van Cleef fans and adore this trilogy. The lines delivered by Van Cleef are hilarious and the action scenes were updated with numerous technological advances that were surprising and unpredictable. This was not as good as previous pictures in the trilogy but definitely entertaining and worth viewing. "You can look but don't touch." Grade: B

Kevin Robbins
Kevin Robbins

Return of Sabata Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Return of Sabata on our Movie forum!

News & Features