Return of the Dragon (The Way of the Dragon) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Return of the Dragon (The Way of the Dragon) Reviews

½ December 13, 2016
The only things better than Bruce Lee versus Chuck Norris and all those restaurant brawls are the stunningly beautiful lead actress and counting how many times Lee goes to the bathroom.
August 21, 2016
You can't get enough of Bruce Lee. Legendary figure.
August 7, 2016
Solo por ver a Bruce Lee apalizar a Chuck Norris vale la pena
½ June 11, 2016
Bruce Lee is a good fighter and self-defense. This Is a chance for people Soucie Marshal arts. But I was not a fan of this movie it's too complicated and I just didn't think it was for me so I'm not a fan of this movie
May 30, 2016
Bruce Lee vs Chuck Norris! The only film where Lee starred, directed, wrote, and had total control of his picture and I think an agreement could be made that this is his best film (it's his wife's favorite film of Lee's). Lee plays a man who visits his relatives in Italy and finds himself helping them defeat their restaurant from a gang of mafia types looking for extortion money. The film features some terrific fight sequences, but the film has a classic on-screen fight sequence between Bruce and a before-he-was-famous Chuck Norris. I think my only complaint about this film is the no-so-funny comic moments, which were common to martial arts pictures of this time. "Enter the Dragon" is clearly the best produced picture to star Lee, but "The Way of the Dragon" is probably the best film to feature the athleticism and skills of Lee, which is why I think this is Lee's best picture.
½ May 29, 2016
Well, I didn't quite get the comedic ordering of the soup at the airport restaurant, and I thought this film was slow and plodding until Lee finally busts his moves. Then it gets going. I thought the signature Bruce Lee/Chuck Norris fight was good. I'm not sure if it's the best I've seen, but it was nice.

My favorite fight is the one in the alley behind the restaurant.

Not too bad, but I'm not sure I'm going to miss it.
½ April 25, 2016
Return of the Dragon (1974) ?? 1/2
Third Lee film about his trip to Italy and his decision to help his relatives defend against gangsters causing them harm. Pretty good Kung Fu film, mostly remembered for its final fight with Chuck Norris in Colosseum. Followed by ENTER THE DRAGON.
April 15, 2016
Campy and a lot of fun, Way of the Dragon defined the Hong Kong martial arts genre.
February 16, 2016
This one started out very strange, like a bizarre foreign comedy(funny, random dialogue, Lee's character having an odd reaction to a hot Italian babe who basically throws herself at him, one of the henchman looking like a carbon copy of Wolfman Jack) but when it comes down to it, the main draw was seeing Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris in an epic showdown that did not disappoint. It's no Enter the Dragon, but it's satisfying enough.
February 4, 2016
The best of the Hong Kong spaghetti kung fu movies, and of course Bruce Lee is at his best ... even with his quirky smile ... if he had lived, he would be right up there with Clint Eastwood and his spaghetti westerns. Truly part of the great spaghetti movie culture ...
January 14, 2016
It's pretty much all about the fight scene between Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris, because the rest of it is pretty nonsensical and bad.
December 26, 2015
A very deep story written by Lee that makes this one of my favorite films.
½ November 28, 2015
Casi todo en esta película es realmente flojo: guión, diálogo y actuación rozan lo insoportable, técnicamente es justa... pero cualquier precio es bajo para poder ver a Bruce Lee luchar en pantalla, y en esta el dragón es totalmente épico.
½ October 17, 2015
I noticed that kung fu developed quite a bit since the early Charlie Chan movies. I don't think it was because of Hollywood being ignorant of Kung Fu, but that it was Hollywood that created Kung Fu. After doing more research into the matter, I found my thesis had become fortified. In Return of the Dragon, Lee has toned down a theatrical fighting style that can be very frenzied at times. All of his kicking and punching in earlier films would startle just about anyone, and usually does, but it seems to be mostly for the show of it rather than an effective way to beat someone up.
In the humorless Return of the Dragon, he portrays the lone defender of a family business besieged by a "syndicate" - I'm not sure the word syndicate has ever been used in a court of law but Hollywood is convinced they exist.
Repeatedly frustrated, the syndicate resorts to sending in their hired gun, Chuck Norris. Since the movie is a Bruce Lee movie, you can guess how that resolves. I would suppose everyone else in the syndicate is hired gun, but what distinguishes Norris is that he is imported.
One of the better Bruce Lee films, but also in the vanguard of films that helped conceive phrases such as: "like a kung fu movie without the violence" or "the acting is so bad I thought I was watching a kung fu movie.' etc.
August 27, 2015
Wow Bruce Lee, super hot, super fast. Amazing. I love when Bruce Lee grabs a fist full of ginger chest hair in the final fight scene against Chuck Norris in the Roman Colosseum. Cheesy and weird humor, and dubbed... and great fighting.
June 25, 2015
Great movie. Slow start, but excellent fight scenes. What is more bad ass than Bruce Lee v.s. Chuck Norris hand-to-hand in the Roman Colosseum.
June 10, 2015
Say all the Chuck Norris jokes you want, Bruce Lee totally kicked his ass in this movie.
May 30, 2015
Another one of Bruce Lee's best films. Lots of action and fight scenes. The plot was great and so was the fight against Chuck Norris.
April 18, 2015
return of the dragon Bruce Lee
April 9, 2015
SUMMARY: A guy goes and help his family members restaurant from a group of bullies and thugs who want to take over it. REVIEW: This was my very first Bruce Lee movie and I was very impressed. With a perfect combination of action and suprisingly some clever and witty humor this movie for me was a sucess. Lee's martial arts moves really made this movie pure joy to watch. And the showdown between Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee at the end was phenomenal. It was one of the most amazing fight sequences and probably was in it's time. I was amazed how entertained I was by this movie. I will definitely have to look into more Bruce Lee movies if they are as good as this.