The Return of the Living Dead - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Return of the Living Dead Reviews

May 23, 2017
One of my favorite horror movies,ever!
Great, campy, fun!
May 20, 2017
This is quite possible one of the best zombie movies to come out of the 80's! I remember watching it as a child (which in hindsight is way too young to watch this) and it scared me. It is still fun to watch today. It has a great musical theme, but the soundtrack is a bit dated and cheesy.
May 17, 2017
I can't believe I have never seen it a great fun zombie movie
½ May 9, 2017
Send more paramedics. One of the best of the goofy 80's horror movies and one of the best zombie movies of all time.
April 26, 2017
Hilarious punk rock zombie film. An 80s classic. Very funny and scary
½ April 23, 2017
Sure made an impression and inspiration to many would be like the movies.
March 30, 2017
Didn't expect this movie to be this good. Best zombie movie I've seen without a doubt. One word phenomenal.
February 18, 2017
Just fun it knows what it is and it works for me I enjoy this movie more and more everytime I see it the best cheese out there.... enjoy
½ February 7, 2017
As a fan of fast zombies, The Return of the Living Dead makes a great story between the desperate alive people locked indoors and combining such gory violence, spooky zombie designs and even spooky zombie personalities that they're protesting they only want brains to relieve of their pain, so in my opinion this movie was a very clever satire on society. Special effects are also impressive in addition to the outcome of fear. It took me a while to figure out why I enjoyed this movie and how this movie suits as satire, but it was kinda fun how long it took me to figure it out.

Return of the Living Dead obviously did some things a lot better than did George A. Romero, like creating an actual story that is 95% fighting and running from zombies because the zombies themselves proved to be dynamic characters as well, since they were capable of speech and spoke out very melodramatic truths to the living, but still tried ripping their brains out anyway.
January 28, 2017
Bloody, gory, gruesome and funny. The Return of the Living Dead is a perfect Zombie horror film that further helped to lay the foundations for the Zombie Horror sub-genre. Over the top in all the right ways, this film is about as fun as a horror movie can get.
½ January 28, 2017
Perhaps my favourite zombie film. First half hour is extremely well done and often humorous. Only thing I might have changed is a bit more serious living dead. Great ending in the form of the military's response.
January 26, 2017
What the hell did I just watch?
½ November 11, 2016
A bloody fun zombie flick with great effects work and solid slapstick
October 30, 2016
This is a masterpiece of a Horror / comedy.
Great acting that is always slightly over the top but works perfectly.
Nudity and Zombie violence with great effects.
Great soundtrack.
½ October 30, 2016
- Classic horror-comedy from the mod-eighties, this movie is a lot of fun. It's intentionally cheesy, but really well done. The performances, particularly from a couple veteran character actors(Clu Gulager & James Karen), are great. The practical effects are pretty good, and the score if perfect for the film. If you like the genre, then you'll have a lot of fun with this one!

- Intentionally cheesy and a lot of fun. This one is really helped by its sense of humour and some funny & gory sight gags. For fans of horror-comedies, check it out!
October 13, 2016
One of the greatest zombie films of all time, without question. Makeup and special FX were astounding for any 80's movie, nevermind a zombie flick in an era when zombies were laughably covered in blue makeup and obvious fake blood. "You know I love you, that's why you have to let me eat your brains!!!"
September 18, 2016
Without a doubt this has to be my favorite zombie movie of all time. It was hallarious, but the zombies were so well done it was still creepy. This was a perfect comedy sequel to the first one.
½ September 16, 2016
The Return of the Living Dead is one of those guilty pleasure movies that's actually much smarter in its satire and wit than one might expect it to be. I love it for a lot of different reasons but the main ones are the fact that it's set in Louisville, Kentucky (my old stomping grounds), it's about zombies and it's an 80's horror comedy that's actually very funny. Everything about it is so ridiculously fun that it's very much a comfort food sort of movie. If you don't want to be heavily engaged in something or not put a lot of thought process into a movie then The Return of the Living Dead is something you'll definitely enjoy. It's not a dumb movie by any means, but it doesn't take an enormous amount of brain power to enjoy it either.
½ August 31, 2016
Somehow this is better than most of zombie movies nowadays.
August 22, 2016